1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show

About a week after midsummer Insatella arrives with 4 Redcaps through the portal. To the nearest grog waiting nearby, “I’m the Prima Mercere, and I need to speak to your princeps on a matter of some urgency.”

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:55 pm by jebrick

One of the guards at the portal stands with his mouth open but Jolanda steps up and bows. Of course Prima. Please follow me. ( she speaks in Italian since her Latin is poor). She hails another grog and sends them off to fetch Korvin.

Korvin and Abagail arrive at the Princeps’ office at roughly the same time as Insatella. Korvin is straightening his more formal robes he uses for official princep business. He is wearing his Redcap. Both Korvin and Abagail bow to Insatella and Abagail finds the party seats in the office.

Greetings Prima. It is a pleasure to see you again. How can we help you?

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:24 pm by Jonathan.Link

Insatella’s brusque and business-like demeanor doesn’t serve her well, here, “I regret to inform you that Celestina has gone missing. She was due to report to Midsummer festival from some assignments she had in Iberia.” She gives a glance to Abigal, and then returns to look at Korvin, “We haven’t been able to locate her, and we were hoping that your familiarity with her could help us in this matter.” A folk ken roll of 9+ will indicate something more.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:22 pm by jebrick

Jonathan.Link wrote:
Insatella’s brusque and business-like demeanor doesn’t serve her well, here, “I regret to inform you that Celestina has gone missing. She was due to report to Midsummer festival from some assignments she had in Iberia.” She gives a glance to Abigal, and then returns to look at Korvin, “We haven’t been able to locate her, and we were hoping that your familiarity with her could help us in this matter.” A folk ken roll of 9+ will indicate something more.

1d10=6 + per 0 + folk Ken 3 = 9

Korvin’s left eyebrow raises perceptively as he seems to be weighing Insatella’s words and his response. Do you mean who’s bed she might be in bed with who she might … know well in Iberia?

((Will this be considered Korvin’s Redcap outing or is it in addition to? Just so I can update the mage planner))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:53 pm by Jonathan.Link

((This is his Redcap outing.))
“She had taken to she had been known to deliver messages from Phoenix to covenants in Alps, Rome and Rhine, and from time to time even Thebes. It’s not clear how she was able to get to all these places in addition to her standard duties in the Alps. And it’s even more unclear why she hasn’t been involved more in this Tribunal. Instatella looks pointedly at Korvin. “No, what’s troubling is that her quarters at Rorschach were ransacked, and Jareth is also missing, or at least not responding to messages shoved under his sanctum door.”

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:48 pm by jebrick

You will have to ask Hervè about this Tribunal. He has been closed to me. Celestina was here for the Tribunal held at Mons Electi at my request. We needed someone with experience to set up and run the booths and I heard nothing from Hervè or Èvrard. ( Korvin sounds like a person justifying his actions to the authorities).

Korvin pauses and steeples his hands in front of him, resting his elbows on the desk. He taps his finger tips together and his eyes seem to lose focus on anything in the room.1 After a moment, What was Celestina’s task in Iberia?

1 all magi at ME will recognize this as Korvin’s thinking mannerism.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:04 pm by Jonathan.Link

Insatella shrugs, but glances at Abigail while saying, “I’m not certain. It wasn’t part of her House or Redcap duties. It was above and beyond, and she was careful to never let it interfere with House business. I was hoping Abigail could enlighten us.” Abigail, is not usually shy or reluctant to talk looks at Korvin for direction here, but her face appears to be pained and conflicted, as she doesn’t know what to do or what to say.
Abigail glances around the room as if trying to come up with something, and finally gets there and delivers a firmly voiced response. “As an apprentice, it is not my place to speak of things, without my master not knowing what I might say, first. I’m sure you would expect the same of any of your apprentices.”

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:59 pm by jebrick

Korvin looks at Abagail for a moment. We will talk about this later.

He turns back to Insatella I can guess what this could be about but I could also be very wrong. Have you contacted Azura about this? What does she have to say?

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:07 pm by Jonathan.Link

“We have not. We considered that the most prudent thing was to come talk to you, considering your association with her, and because of Abigail. We can involve Azura, if you’d like.”

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:25 pm by jebrick

Jonathan.Link wrote:
“We have not. We considered that the most prudent thing was to come talk to you, considering your association with her, and because of Abigail. We can involve Azura, if you’d like.”

Not yet. Though if I were wondering how Celestina was able to travel quickly, I would think Azura or Attravere might know. What does Jareth have to do with any of this other than he is at Rorschach as well? Korvin thinks for a moment more. How long will you give until you force his door to see what has happened?

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:34 pm by Jonathan.Link

We were hoping we could convince you to assist in entering his sanctum. I’m wise enough to know that it is best that Merceris magi should handle their own affairs. And there is your relationship with Laetitia in Valnastium to draw upon. She is a Quaesitor that you know and trust, is she not?"

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:32 am by jebrick

Yes. I may not be the best choice to get in. I have a flaw in my magic that will make it difficult if there are wards in place.

Abagail and I will prepare to travel back with you. But first, (Korvin stands) I wish a word with my apprentice. You may wait here Prima. I can have refreshments brought in if you wish. It should not be long before we are ready.

Korvin heads out the door to his office after hearing Insatella’s response to the food. He and Abagail walk in silent as they head to Korvin’s sanctum. Master, I can.. Korvin waves her to be quite. Once they reach the sanctum, Korvin turns to her. Tell me what was Celestina doing for you?

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:53 am by Jonathan.Link

No, not for me. For my father and probably Azura, and Amos. Something’s going on here. They aren’t talking to my father or Azura about what’s going on."

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:12 am by jebrick

Jonathan.Link wrote:
No, not for me. For my father and probably Azura, and Amos. Something’s going on here. They aren’t talking to my father or Azura about what’s going on."

Who is they?

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:41 am by Jonathan.Link

“Insatella and those four redcaps with her. Something’s not right about this. Father’s worked for the House for a while. His research is, in part, funded by the House, maybe because of the Merceris Magi, but still, she knows he’s friendly to the House. And then there’s Azura, too. Their actions don’t make sense.”

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:18 pm by jebrick

Then it is something they do not want Phoenix to know. Which in itself is interesting. I will have to talk to your Father or Azura to find out what they were using Celestina for. But now I must keep that from the Prima.

Korvin thinks for a little while in silence. Very well. Get your traveling clothes. We will dress as Redcaps. We can take Jolanda and Claude for protection. That is unless you would prefer someone else? We will need a donkey. Jolanda will know how to pack it. Pay attention. while she is not a Redcap she has traveled with them quite a bit so she knows what we normally need.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:35 pm by Jonathan.Link

“Are you wanting to make arrangements with Jolanda, while you deal with Prima?”

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:38 pm by jebrick

Jonathan.Link wrote:
“Are you wanting to make arrangements with Jolanda, while you deal with Prima?”

I would like you to get ready. I will send a message to Jolanda and Claude to meet you in the courtyard where she will have the donkey. I will get ready and go talk to Insatella. We will meet you in the courtyard.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:53 pm by Jonathan.Link

Abigail is off in a flash, and dresses in travel clothes, and grabs the red cap that Korvin had given her for such an occasion. She then rushes out to the courtyard, and waits on korvin, Jolanda and Claude. She mutters to herself, “I knew I should have gone to get them.” Despite her feelings, she stands dutifully in the courtyard, waiting for Korvin, since it’s what he told her to do…

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:16 pm by jebrick

Abagail waits foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ( at least a diameter) for Jolanda and Claude to come into the courtyard. Claude is carrying two rectangle wooden boxes and Jolanda is carrying packs for both grogs. Jolanda does a short bow to Abagail “Lei parla italiano? No? Greetings Apprentice. Please bring your pack to the stable.” Jolanda’s Latin is halting and rough. It grates on Abagail’s ears.

Korvin goes back to Insatella after he has changed and gotten his pack. Abagail is getting ready for our season on the road. I think we were to report to Crocetta for our route. I’m going to guess that will be changed. We can meet them at the portal when you are ready.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:32 am by Jonathan.Link

Abigail looks as if she’s ready to respond to respond to Jolanda in Italian (Folk Ken check of 12, include Gift penalty for either Jolanda or Claude)
Abigail dutifully follows Claude and Jolanda, and offers, to her mind, helpful hints in Latin, which I’m sure come across in a way she didn’t intend.

Instatella looks at Korvin, a bit crossly, “What does your apprentice know about this? We need to know what’s going on, so we can prepare any other Redcaps who might be in danger.”

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:59 pm by jebrick

Jonathan.Link wrote:
Abigail looks as if she’s ready to respond to respond to Jolanda in Italian (Folk Ken check of 12, include Gift penalty for either Jolanda or Claude)
Abigail dutifully follows Claude and Jolanda, and offers, to her mind, helpful hints in Latin, which I’m sure come across in a way she didn’t intend.

1d10=7 No chance.

Jolanda: I apologize for my Latin Apprentice. I live in Harco and everyone spoke Italian and Korvin spoke Italian. I understand that I will protect Master Korvin and Claude ( gestures as the big man) will protect you.
Calude: (in even worst Latin with French mixed in) Just listen to me if we get into a scrape. I’ve seen all kinds of fights. I was even at that vampire one with the dragons. You do not see that everyday and live to tell about it. Luckly, we had smart magi who listened to an experienced veteran in regards to tactics and we pulled though.
J: ( rolls her eyes at Claude)You listen to Master Korvin you big oaf.
C: These Redcaps. It is not that hard. Perhaps Korvin will bring that dragon on this trip? I told him to get one rather than that weasel.

The group reaches the stable and leads a donkey into the paddock.
J: Have you packed for one of these trips before Apprentice?

Jonathan.Link wrote:
Instatella looks at Korvin, a bit crossly, “What does your apprentice know about this? We need to know what’s going on, so we can prepare any other Redcaps who might be in danger.”

She knows nothing. You know that she had a baby recently and it is staying with her mother at Phoenix? I would guess she asked Celestina to stop in and have a look every now and then. What else was Celestina working on that might cause a problem.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Wed May 01, 2013 9:22 am by Jonathan.Link

((I’ll try and remember to come back around as Abigail later…))

It finally clicks with Korvin, Insatella has very little reason to have traveled from Harco to Mons Electi with 4 Redcaps, maybe one or two. And now that he thinks of it, he notices that they are all armed, including Insatella, though he’s never known her to carry weapons. “Korvin, you’ve known us for far too long to keep secrets. Your apprentice knows something, I encourage you to share it with us.”

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Wed May 01, 2013 9:43 am by jebrick

Jonathan.Link wrote:
((I’ll try and remember to come back around as Abigail later…))

It finally clicks with Korvin, Insatella has very little reason to have traveled from Harco to Mons Electi with 4 Redcaps, maybe one or two. And now that he thinks of it, he notices that they are all armed, including Insatella, though he’s never known her to carry weapons. “Korvin, you’ve known us for far too long to keep secrets. Your apprentice knows something, I encourage you to share it with us.”

Korvin looks them over for a bit. Do you wish to tell me what this is really about? You seem to be expecting trouble at Mons Electi.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Wed May 01, 2013 10:59 am by Jonathan.Link

“Blast, this place is nothing but trouble!”

((Now is the time to decide what strength the Aegis is when it was cast in 1228.4… Can you see the screws I’ve put on the Vim vis source?))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Wed May 01, 2013 11:35 am by jebrick

Jonathan.Link wrote:
“Blast, this place is nothing but trouble!”

((Now is the time to decide what strength the Aegis is when it was cast in 1228.4… Can you see the screws I’ve put on the Vim vis source?))

((It must be 7th mag cast by Isen because No one has had time to learn the mag10 version. Jacques takes 2 seasons even if he had help. He can get his ReVi lab total to 49. He is doing it in 1228 but it can’t be cast until 1229.3))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Wed May 01, 2013 1:04 pm by Jonathan.Link

“Korvin, we’re going to leave now. We will leave you with your illegitimate apprentice and allow you to attend to your duties as you find necessary.” That, most assuredly, does not sound like Insatella. As a group they begin moving towards the door leading out of the princeps’ office. Only one of them has their eyes turned away from Korvin at any one time. He can tell by their movement, that this is a trained group of grogs, who can fight and move together as a team quite well.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Wed May 01, 2013 1:47 pm by jebrick

Jonathan.Link wrote:
“Korvin, we’re going to leave now. We will leave you with your illegitimate apprentice and allow you to attend to your duties as you find necessary.” That, most assuredly, does not sound like Insatella. As a group they begin moving towards the door leading out of the princeps’ office. Only one of them has their eyes turned away from Korvin at any one time. He can tell by their movement, that this is a trained group of grogs, who can fight and move together as a team quite well.

What do you mean Illegitimate! Korvin stands. All of the linage was in order! It was traced back to… Korvin pauses Insatella. Who was the shield grog you assigned to me when I left Harco?

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Wed May 01, 2013 1:56 pm by Jonathan.Link

“It doesn’t matter, Korvin. The position you find yourself in now, is just how many deaths you want hanging over your head. Be very careful about how you proceed, allow us to leave, or deal with the consequences.” By this time they’ve reached the door and it is now open. Covenfolk are in the hallways going along their daily tasks. “Tell me, Korvin. Your apprentice isn’t in your presence. Do you think you can protect her before I get to her? Are you prepared for combat? Can you bring the collective might of Mons Electi down on top of me before I plunder her? What would Ra’am say to you after you bring her lifeless body to him?” The voice is Insatella’s but the words coming from her, the way she’s speaking, and the hint of power behind the some kind of mystical, magical, or supernatural power behind the voice is unmistakable.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Wed May 01, 2013 7:14 pm by jebrick

Jonathan.Link wrote:
“It doesn’t matter, Korvin. The position you find yourself in now, is just how many deaths you want hanging over your head. Be very careful about how you proceed, allow us to leave, or deal with the consequences.” By this time they’ve reached the door and it is now open. Covenfolk are in the hallways going along their daily tasks. “Tell me, Korvin. Your apprentice isn’t in your presence. Do you think you can protect her before I get to her? Are you prepared for combat? Can you bring the collective might of Mons Electi down on top of me before I plunder her? What would Ra’am say to you after you bring her lifeless body to him?” The voice is Insatella’s but the words coming from her, the way she’s speaking, and the hint of power behind the some kind of mystical, magical, or supernatural power behind the voice is unmistakable.

Korvin follows at a distance ( voice). He will wave off any Covenant folk. He will try to cast Sight of the true form without words or gestures. CrCo10 CT 30 + 1d10=6 – 15 = 21.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Wed May 01, 2013 7:29 pm by Jonathan.Link

Surprisingly he sees Insatellas face and form. The redcaps all look the same.

Any player can bring a character into play here, except jebrick, on a roll of 9 or 10. After two PCs come in no more can come into the thread.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 02, 2013 9:10 am by Jonathan.Link

I’m going to proceed, and a character can jump in at that point.
The Insatella impersonator makes her way towards the portal, but they are moving slowly. “You are smarter than Celestina. Her terror was delicious, I underestimated you, Korvin. I won’t make the same mistake again.”
By this time, Korvin estimates that they are about 2, maybe 3, minutes from the Aegis boundary.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 02, 2013 10:00 am by jebrick

on the way there, do we pass close(sight) enough to any of the alarm bells/posts? If so

spont Words of unbroken Silence (CrMe 10) to the guard (Sound Alarm!) Cr 27+Me5 + aura 5 + stam+1 – 10 no words – 5 no gestures + 1d10=7 = 31/2 = 15

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 02, 2013 10:14 am by Jonathan.Link

Korvin can get a grog or any covenfolk to sound the alarm, I had the impression that he was telling people to give them space…

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 02, 2013 10:36 am by gerg

((Tranquillina doesn’t pass the entrance test – rolled a 3. Do you want rolls for grogs too?))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 02, 2013 10:41 am by cunningrat1

((JL, roll for me please? I do not know if either of my chars are well suited to this, but no one else seems to be interested…))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 02, 2013 10:53 am by Jonathan.Link

gerg wrote:
((Tranquillina doesn’t pass the entrance test – rolled a 3. Do you want rolls for grogs too?))

It’s player’s choice as to who they bring in. If you have a grog, you want to bring in, by all means. Grogs probably don’t need a roll quite as high (or at all), because they are nominally follow the orders of a magus, any magus. I just don’t want to see 30 grogs try and rush this group, though.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 02, 2013 10:58 am by jebrick

Jonathan.Link wrote:
Korvin can get a grog or any covenfolk to sound the alarm, I had the impression that he was telling people to give them space…

I was under the impression that had he done that openly there would be blood. I would have told the first servant that I passed to run ahead and clear the path for these people. It would be best if they were more in the open in any case. He can tell tell a grog to get the Flambeau to the portal. Once outside and no one seems to be coming he will have to sound the alarm.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 02, 2013 11:34 am by Jonathan.Link

Well, the statement was, let them leave, or deal with the consequences of the deaths you cause by not letting them leave.
If you block the portal, and they have to fight, they’ve told you people will die, and those deaths will be on your hands. If you’ve told grogs and convenfolk to clear a path, people will start hearing about it and begin coming to investigate (which is why I thought of magi and companions coming in on a 9 or a 10). Insatella’s impostor is telling you let them leave. You can let them leave, or choose to engage them at an advantageous time…

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 02, 2013 12:36 pm by Jonathan.Link

I rolled a 9.
On behalf of cunningrat1, so he can bring someone in…

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 02, 2013 1:11 pm by jebrick

Jonathan.Link wrote:
Well, the statement was, let them leave, or deal with the consequences of the deaths you cause by not letting them leave.
If you block the portal, and they have to fight, they’ve told you people will die, and those deaths will be on your hands. If you’ve told grogs and convenfolk to clear a path, people will start hearing about it and begin coming to investigate (which is why I thought of magi and companions coming in on a 9 or a 10). Insatella’s impostor is telling you let them leave. You can let them leave, or choose to engage them at an advantageous time…

I’m trying to get a more advantageous time by getting more people and while they are within the aegis.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 02, 2013 1:18 pm by cunningrat1

(( will the path they are following back to the portal bring them through the courtyard? Not sure where the portal is, exactly))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 02, 2013 1:41 pm by Jonathan.Link

((Your question is making an assumption, that they are headed back to the portal. And while the location of the portal is not specified by the troupe, my wording of where they were heading was chosen precisely. We can say that they are very near the courtyard, but past it, or just coming into it, with the idea that they’ll be past the Aegis in a few minutes, at their current speed. The location of the portal is immaterial, because I’ve clearly outline what the antagonist’s goal is. ))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 02, 2013 2:30 pm by cunningrat1

Pinchas is sitting in the courtyard, enjoying the summer sunshine, making notes as he reads Rashi’s “Commentaries”. Mons Electi is much cooler than what he’s used to, so the sun’s warmth is very welcome.

As “Insatella” and her entourage enter the courtyard, with Korvin following close behind, he glances up … returns to his book… and glances up again, frowning. He does not know Korvin well at all, but something in the Mercere’s face seems unusual. (Per 2 + Folk Ken 3 + [1d10] = 1 then [1d10] = 2 => total 9.)
(( Since Korvin is intent on sounding the alarm, I’m assuming that is sufficient to tell something is wrong. If that’s an incorrect assumption, I shall edit. ))

When you have a hammer, everything looks like a nail. When you are obsessed with hammers, everything really looks like a nail. The Jew switches his gaze to Insatella, and frowns, peering closely at the woman. [url=http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.asp?do=showone&id=11295]Per 2 + Sense Unholiness 3 + [1d10] = 9/url]
(( Sigh. That would have been a good time for a high roll… ))
(( Note to self: next time, look at the mechanics when statting a character. ))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 02, 2013 2:31 pm by jebrick

Are they making there way to the stables ( i.e. Abagail?)

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 02, 2013 2:39 pm by Jonathan.Link

jebrick wrote:
Are they making there way to the stables ( i.e. Abagail?)

No…

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 02, 2013 3:42 pm by Jonathan.Link

Pinchas can indeed read Korvin’s intent, but unfortunately he cannot sense anything malign or otherwise unholy in the woman at the center of four armed Redcaps. A 2 in 10 chance of knowing who she is…and he does not. He, can, however, not remember a squad of four redcaps moving with such military precision.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 02, 2013 3:44 pm by jebrick

Jonathan.Link wrote:
jebrick wrote:
Are they making there way to the stables ( i.e. Abagail?)

No…

Are they heading for the library?

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 02, 2013 3:47 pm by Jonathan.Link

No, they’re heading out of the castle and towards the bridge, the beginning of which is the Aegis boundary.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 02, 2013 3:58 pm by jebrick

((What is the use of having an alarm and all that grog training if we can’t try it out and see the weak points.))

I’ll go with plan #1 which will be for the alarm to sound and rolling of initiative once they are more in the open. I would rather do it with the spell as it will be a slight surprise with them.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 02, 2013 4:04 pm by Jonathan.Link

((You can initiate combat at any point you like. You can have whatever grogs there, that you’d like. I’m running the character of ‘Insatella’ and she indicated people would die, and I thought that was making Korvin back off. If you want to get grogs to attack them at a weak point, I’m personally fine with that. I’m trying very hard not to design or dictate where this happens, instead allowing you to control that scene. About the only thing I’ve said that can be considered descriptive is that they are a few minutes from getting to the Aegis boundary, and I did that because Korvin seemed content to let them back away and had told covenfolk to avoid them and give them room. If, on the way you want to create a spot to try and take them down, you can. But I am trying not to set the scene and also be the antagonist here, so I can act as authentically as possible. If you want to back up the timing a bit, and have grogs attack earlier, you can.))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 02, 2013 5:16 pm by qcipher

((I have to look at the dates better in the story title, I assumed Alexei was in his own story. Has an alarm been raised? As in another story Alexei keeps ACs for the various bells if he hears them. Then it’s a question of him getting to the right one. As it is, if a lot of magic is being flung about Brionne will likely smell it and come running. I’m going to check again and see if I can hop in with anyone.))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 02, 2013 7:14 pm by cunningrat1

Pinchas frowns, pulling a fresh sheet of vellum towards himself and dipping his quill. He murmurs a prayer as his quill glides over the parchment, scribing a six-pointed star surrounded by one of the lesser Names. It would be the Tetragrammaton were he certain of the necessity, but he isn’t.

That accomplished, he rises to his feet, following Korvin at a distance of about ten paces. There is something about the situation that seems, shall we say, not kosher.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 02, 2013 8:03 pm by Peregrine_Bjornaer

Deykin ap Daffyd , his archery practice done for the moment, is headed from the practice field through the covenant to his cottage when he is stopped by the procession of magi, apprentices, and the new Jew. Far be it from him to interfere in the affairs of the magi, something about the procession, and their behavior, strikes him as curious. His bow still unstrung across his back and his quiver at his side, he watches for a moment before his curiosity gets the better of him and he follows along behind the rabbi.

((I rolled a 2 on my “can I bring Fiona or Wilhelm” roll.))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Fri May 03, 2013 9:45 am by jebrick

Jonathan.Link wrote:
((You can initiate combat at any point you like. You can have whatever grogs there, that you’d like. I’m running the character of ‘Insatella’ and she indicated people would die, and I thought that was making Korvin back off. If you want to get grogs to attack them at a weak point, I’m personally fine with that. I’m trying very hard not to design or dictate where this happens, instead allowing you to control that scene. About the only thing I’ve said that can be considered descriptive is that they are a few minutes from getting to the Aegis boundary, and I did that because Korvin seemed content to let them back away and had told covenfolk to avoid them and give them room. If, on the way you want to create a spot to try and take them down, you can. But I am trying not to set the scene and also be the antagonist here, so I can act as authentically as possible. If you want to back up the timing a bit, and have grogs attack earlier, you can.))

((What makes Korvin back off is attacking when there are only servants around who will die easily. And Korvin is not a combat magi of any sort. jebrick thinks he knows what is happening but Korvin does not have the information yet. It is a tough decision. If we have 4-5 combat grogs in the area( i.e. Korvin can see them close enough) to react to the alarm, Korvin will risk it. Otherwise, he will let them escape.))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Fri May 03, 2013 9:47 am by jebrick

Peregrine_Bjornaer wrote:
Deykin ap Daffyd , his archery practice done for the moment, is headed from the practice field through the covenant to his cottage when he is stopped by the procession of magi, apprentices, and the new Jew. Far be it from him to interfere in the affairs of the magi, something about the procession, and their behavior, strikes him as curious. His bow still unstrung across his back and his quiver at his side, he watches for a moment before his curiosity gets the better of him and he follows along behind the rabbi.

((I rolled a 2 on my “can I bring Fiona or Wilhelm” roll.))

((This would just be 4 redcaps who act like combat soldiers escorting a 5th, older redcap and Korvin trailing behind them at about 40-50’ ( voice range). Abagail and my 2 shield grogs are at the stable.))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Fri May 03, 2013 9:50 am by Jonathan.Link

((Sure, you can get 4 or 5 grogs together by the time that you reach the 2-3 minutes before the edge of the Aegis point. They follow behind Korvin at a discreet distance, ready for Korvin’s signal. Like I said, I didn’t want this to devolve into a 30 on 5 fight, or something. Can probably bring in another supporting magus or companion. I haven’t rolled for Mufarjj, yet, for instance, because I want the players who like combat to get a shot at it…))

jebrick wrote:
((This would just be 4 redcaps who act like combat soldiers escorting a 5th, older redcap and Korvin trailing behind them at about 40-50’ ( voice range). Abagail and my 2 shield grogs are at the stable.))

((And while combat capable Redcaps aren’t uncommon, they’re not exactly common in what appear to be a trained group.))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Fri May 03, 2013 10:00 am by jebrick

Jonathan.Link wrote:
((Sure, you can get 4 or 5 grogs together by the time that you reach the 2-3 minutes before the edge of the Aegis point. They follow behind Korvin at a discreet distance, ready for Korvin’s signal. Like I said, I didn’t want this to devolve into a 30 on 5 fight, or something. Can probably bring in another supporting magus or companion. I haven’t rolled for Mufarjj, yet, for instance, because I want the players who like combat to get a shot at it…))

((Then 5 grogs in the area plus whatever else shows up. sound the alarm!!))

Korvin init: 1d10=5
I was not sure if the group rolled a single init or not.
Grog 1 1d10=3
Grog 2 1d10=8
Grog 3 1d10=3
Grog 4 1d10=6
Grog 5 1d10=2

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Fri May 03, 2013 10:06 am by Jonathan.Link

I’m not going to initiate something with faceless and nameless grogs, except to just mow them all down and ask for some more.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Fri May 03, 2013 10:10 am by qcipher

((The alarm was sounded, Alexei is on the way. Need to take care of a few things and then he’ll make an entrance with Brionne and Michel))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Fri May 03, 2013 10:15 am by jebrick

Jonathan.Link wrote:
I’m not going to initiate something with faceless and nameless grogs, except to just mow them all down and ask for some more.

((A moment then))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Fri May 03, 2013 10:33 am by qcipher

At the sound of the alarm there is a flurry of activity as servants and workers clear out of the way while guards take up their arms and send messages along to where the alarm was sounded. Brionne had smelled something on the wind even before the alarm and had grabbed Michel while sending word to Alexei that something might be wrong. At the sound of the alarm the two grogs were the first to arrive and hurry to Korvin the ranking Magus, looking suspiciously at the other group. Alexei appears moments later in a burst of imploding air and the smell of incense, armed and armoured to the teeth. He looks about him straining his eyes for a moment and looks to Korvin.

“What is the alarm?” he asks, the spear tip already mounted on his staff.

((Spells on Alexei: Scales of the Knight, Light Hauberk, Hardness of Adamantine, Tabard of impenenetrable silk

Those are spells that are on every day as they affect his armour and clothes, depending on how much of a response time he has he might have another spell or two))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Fri May 03, 2013 10:41 am by gerg

((I can bring in Villaume and Jehanne, who can be standing guard near the path Korvin takes after the intruders. Jehanne of course has his armor bespelled to look like a comfortable dress, as usual!))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Fri May 03, 2013 11:25 am by jebrick

((Then 5 grogs in the area plus whatever else shows up. sound the alarm!!))

Korvin init: 1d10=5
I was not sure if the group rolled a single init or not.
Alexandre 1d10=3
Bernard 1d10=8
Daniel 1d10=3 vanguard
Christian 1d10=6
Emmanuel 1d10=2

(all are in the Random Grog project and all have been updated to 1229.2 ( added 7 years or 140 xp) They are untrained because Danial does not have a leadership high enough for all 5.)

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Fri May 03, 2013 4:31 pm by cunningrat1

(( Add another one to the list: guy named Miroslav, who showed up a month or two ago and asked for a ‘job as shield grog’ — in accented Latin, and in exactly in those words. Badly scarred — looks like something tried to claw his face off — and if he says ten words during an entire day, he’s being unusually talkative. One hell of an axeman, though. ))
(( If Alexei or Tranquillina or Roberto vetted him, let me know, I’ll PM a bit more information.))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Fri May 03, 2013 4:50 pm by gerg

cunningrat1 wrote:
(( Add another one to the list: guy named Miroslav, who showed up a month or two ago and asked for a ‘job as shield grog’ — in accented Latin, and in exactly in those words. Badly scarred — looks like something tried to claw his face off — and if he says ten words during an entire day, he’s being unusually talkative. One hell of an axeman, though. ))
(( If Alexei or Tranquillina or Roberto vetted him, let me know, I’ll PM a bit more information.))

This is the first I’ve heard of Miroslav … has he been brought up before?

qcipher wrote:
((The alarm was sounded, Alexei is on the way. Need to take care of a few things and then he’ll make an entrance with Brionne and Michel))
gerg wrote:
((I can bring in Villaume and Jehanne, who can be standing guard near the path Korvin takes after the intruders. Jehanne of course has his armor bespelled to look like a comfortable dress, as usual!))
jebrick wrote:
Korvin init: 1d10=5
I was not sure if the group rolled a single init or not.
Alexandre 1d10=3
Bernard 1d10=8
Daniel 1d10=3 vanguard
Christian 1d10=6
Emmanuel 1d10=2

Can we get this straightened out a little bit?

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Fri May 03, 2013 4:57 pm by Jonathan.Link

gerg wrote:
Can we get this straightened out a little bit?

Jebrick can bring in those 5 (his story) we’ll do another grog from each of you, PB, qcipher, and cunningrat. Miroslav is new, and someone could have vetted him, Marcus is also a good choice to vet him, since he has enemies in Novgorod…

i’m going to kick off combat here soon (tonight after my daughter’s softball game), with jebrick’s group, and then we’ll add grogs in over the next few rounds. After 6 rounds, Alexei will come in, because he’s got to get all buffed up.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Fri May 03, 2013 6:58 pm by gerg

I understand now!

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Sun May 05, 2013 5:17 pm by jebrick

gerg wrote:
:idea: I understand now!

i can knock off two grogs if others want to join. Emmanuel and Bernard can not be there if others want to put their grogs in the group of 5. If it is cut to 3 or 4 then Dainel would be able to be a leader. and they get the trained advantage. But not with Miroslav since he would not be hear long enough to train with them.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Sun May 05, 2013 8:53 pm by cunningrat1

(( Yeah, Miroslav would be best off staying out of the group.))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Mon May 06, 2013 9:26 am by Jonathan.Link

((Although, Miroslav could fight independently… Or we can adjust the timing of his arrival at Mons Electi to be such that he could fight as a group. But, group dynamics will limit the opportunity to make rolls and take separate actions, too. So, I have no problem with him being here, and he could be here as a bit of a spoiler, ignoring the group’s commander, getting him into trouble, and he might save or lose the day… ))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Mon May 06, 2013 9:36 am by jebrick

Jonathan.Link wrote:
((Although, Miroslav could fight independently… Or we can adjust the timing of his arrival at Mons Electi to be such that he could fight as a group. But, group dynamics will limit the opportunity to make rolls and take separate actions, too. So, I have no problem with him being here, and he could be here as a bit of a spoiler, ignoring the group’s commander, getting him into trouble, and he might save or lose the day… ))

((I say bring him in. The group is meant to fight as a group so an independent operator could be fun. Or die quickly.))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Mon May 06, 2013 9:51 am by jebrick

Attack total for grog group = dex 1 + 8 + short sword 3 = 12
Defense total for grog group = quk -1 + round shield 2 sort sword +1 ( what is the combat ability for defense total??)
Damage = str 3 + short sword +5
Soak = stam 0 + 2 (heavy leather).

In hindsight, I might split Bernard off to guard Korvin and let the group fight as a trained unit with Emmanual as vanguard and Danial as leader.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Mon May 06, 2013 10:19 am by Jonathan.Link

Defense is still single weapon. However, you can’t combine the shield and the weapon for defense, but you can choose the best one. I can’t find anything that says you can or can’t combine defensive bonuses, but it’s what seems reasonable, and I don’t think I’ve allowed it before…

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Mon May 06, 2013 10:37 am by jebrick

Jonathan.Link wrote:
Defense is still single weapon. However, you can’t combine the shield and the weapon for defense, but you can choose the best one. I can’t find anything that says you can or can’t combine defensive bonuses, but it’s what seems reasonable, and I don’t think I’ve allowed it before…

((It is fine. Armed combat in Ars is so widely spaced for me in games I forget all the rolls ))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Mon May 06, 2013 11:23 am by cunningrat1

Pinchas is holding his action, hanging way back, seeing what Insatella does.
Initiative [1d10] = 10 (Not a botch): total -3.

I went ahead and rolled for Miroslav as well, whenever he arrives (you said you’d bring people in gradually.)
Initiative [1d10] = 9.
Attack: Attack [1d10]=4 +13 => total 17.
Defense: Defense [1d10] = 7 + 12 => total 19.
Damage +9.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Mon May 06, 2013 12:57 pm by Jonathan.Link

jebrick wrote:
Attack total for grog group = dex 1 + 8 + short sword 3 = 12
Defense total for grog group = quk -1 + round shield 2 sort sword +1 ( what is the combat ability for defense total??)
Damage = str 3 + short sword +5
Soak = stam 0 + 2 (heavy leather).

In hindsight, I might split Bernard off to guard Korvin and let the group fight as a trained unit with Emmanual as vanguard and Danial as leader.

Go ahead and make your final decisions as to the actions and who is in and out of the group, we’ll go with all the characters mentioned. Jebrick will command the trained group and split Bernard off (if he wishes), and Korvin, of course. Everyone else can take actions, too, but heavily coordinated attacks between the split off grogs and the trained grogs if it looks/feels too coordinated (think of it like there being too many cooks in the kitchen).
I’m also presuming that your group will attack “first” or initiate combat, since they haven’t seemed interested in getting into combat, and instead getting out of dodge…

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Mon May 06, 2013 2:51 pm by jebrick

I will go with a trained group with Daniel as leader ( leadership 3(soldiers)) and Vanguard.

Attack total for grog group = dex -3 + 8 + short sword 3 + trained group bonus 12 = 23
Defense total for grog group = qik -1 + sword 1 + 8 + 12 = 20
Damage = str 3 + short sword +5 + 12 = 20
Soak = stam 0 + 2 (heavy leather) + 12 = 14 ( not sure if they get the trained group combat bonus on soak. It does not feel right but I put it in there).

If they survive this I will make some changes. Like getting the vanguard better armor

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Mon May 06, 2013 3:02 pm by jebrick

Jonathan.Link wrote:

Go ahead and make your final decisions as to the actions and who is in and out of the group, we’ll go with all the characters mentioned. Jebrick will command the trained group and split Bernard off (if he wishes), and Korvin, of course. Everyone else can take actions, too, but heavily coordinated attacks between the split off grogs and the trained grogs if it looks/feels too coordinated (think of it like there being too many cooks in the kitchen).
I’m also presuming that your group will attack “first” or initiate combat, since they haven’t seemed interested in getting into combat, and instead getting out of dodge…

I’m picturing the alarm going off and Korvin casting while the grogs come in from the edges and assemble.
Korvin will open up with Crest of the Earth Wave ReTe 20 Re 14 + Te 6 + stam 1 + aura 10 + 1d10=5 = 36

Bernard will rush to Korvin’s side to be his shield grog.

The other will assemble in front of Korvin (but of course not in front of the wave)

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Mon May 06, 2013 3:06 pm by Jonathan.Link

The trained group bonus applies on only attack or defense, not both. (last paragraph of Trained Group section on page 175 of the core book).
I’ll let it be most advantageous to the PCs the first round, but on subsequent rounds, you have to state where the bonus will be used.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Mon May 06, 2013 3:08 pm by cunningrat1

jebrick wrote:
I will go with a trained group with Daniel as leader ( leadership 3(soldiers)) and Vanguard.

Attack total for grog group = dex -3 + 8 + short sword 3 + trained group bonus 12 = 23
Defense total for grog group = qik -1 + sword 1 + 8 + 12 = 20
Damage = str 3 + short sword +5 + 12 = 20
Soak = stam 0 + 2 (heavy leather) + 12 = 14 ( not sure if they get the trained group combat bonus on soak. It does not feel right but I put it in there).

If they survive this I will make some changes. Like getting the vanguard better armor

(( You don’t get the soak bonus for trained group, and you have to declare each round whether the bonus goes towards attack or defense. I recommend defense. ))

Korvin’s Initiative is 5, Miroslav’s is 9, so if Miroslav comes in this round he’d be caught in the wave as well. No coordination and all that. So… Dex [1d10] = 6 => Failed, so after his attack he’s tossed aside. Korvin, roll for CotEW damage, please.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Mon May 06, 2013 7:18 pm by Jonathan.Link

Alright, the logistics don’t really conform to casting Crest of the Earth Wave easily, it can be done, but you’ll have to either signal the grogs to stay out of range and come in in subsequent round hoping to mop up. That’s totally legit, I just need some clearer direction on the order of events, and maybe a leadership roll for signalling Korvin’s intention to the leader or vanguard so they understand to wait for your signal before attacking.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Mon May 06, 2013 7:58 pm by Peregrine_Bjornaer

((I’m sorry, but I had totally forgotten that Deykin was in this thread. I take it he’s in the untrained group, then? And is that the one with Korvin, Alexei, or off by himself stringing his bow and looking for something to pierce?))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Mon May 06, 2013 8:01 pm by Jonathan.Link

He’ll come in later, Korvin and the grogs will get the first round of action…

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 07, 2013 8:59 am by jebrick

Jonathan.Link wrote:
Alright, the logistics don’t really conform to casting Crest of the Earth Wave easily, it can be done, but you’ll have to either signal the grogs to stay out of range and come in in subsequent round hoping to mop up. That’s totally legit, I just need some clearer direction on the order of events, and maybe a leadership roll for signalling Korvin’s intention to the leader or vanguard so they understand to wait for your signal before attacking.

Leadership 1 + int 2 + 1d10=7 = 10 Or 8 if you want to use perception. I think both are applicable in this situation.

I would also say that while Korvin has some knowledge leadership, he has never worked with the grogs at ME. Something Alexei/Roberto need to force us to do. I think Korvin will add it to everyone’s to-do list That being said, Alexei and Jacques and Roberto ( those the grogs would most likely practice with) all have different styles.

A couple of ways to do this. I do not want it too organized because of the lack of time working with the grogs and, I’m guessing, the short instructions before the action that Korvin would be able to give. I would say it all depends on the leadership roll above. If it passes they know to delay rushing in until after Korvin casts. Otherwise they would expect something more direct like Roberto or Alexei and get caught in the wave.

The range would be 15 paces from the targets to Korvin as he said he was staying in voice range.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 07, 2013 9:13 am by Jonathan.Link

Well, let’s put it this way, then. Korvin’s leadership skill wasn’t high enough to keep the grogs from inserting themselves between Korvin and Insatella’s groups. They’ve been nominally instructed to protect magi who aren’t Roberto, Isen, Jacques or Alexei, and so they are protecting Korvin… That could change with spending a Confidence point, though.

If you don’t want to spend Confidence, you can pick an alternative spell/action, because you’ll be able to tell that they are in the way and recognize the consequences of casting that spell.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 07, 2013 9:35 am by jebrick

Jonathan.Link wrote:
Well, let’s put it this way, then. Korvin’s leadership skill wasn’t high enough to keep the grogs from inserting themselves between Korvin and Insatella’s groups. They’ve been nominally instructed to protect magi who aren’t Roberto, Isen, Jacques or Alexei, and so they are protecting Korvin… That could change with spending a Confidence point, though.

If you don’t want to spend Confidence, you can pick an alternative spell/action, because you’ll be able to tell that they are in the way and recognize the consequences of casting that spell.

I will change it to PoF at one of the redcaps ( not Insatella). say number 2
Cr27 + Ig6+ stam 1 + aura 5 + 1d10=7 = 47 (27+ 3 penitration(Creo))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 07, 2013 10:01 am by Jonathan.Link

I’m adjusting your totals…
jebrick wrote:
I will go with a trained group with Daniel as leader ( leadership 3(soldiers)) and Vanguard.

Attack total for grog group = dex -3 + 8 + short sword 3 = 11
Defense total for grog group = qik -1 + sword 1 + 8 = 8
Damage = str 3 + short sword +5 = 8 + AA
Soak = stam 0 + 2 (heavy leather) = 2 ( not sure if they get the trained group combat bonus on soak. It does not feel right but I put it in there).

If they survive this I will make some changes. Like getting the vanguard better armor

Alright, Korvin begins casting his spell, and all heck breaks loose. The phony redcaps in front of her adjust their stance as Korvin begins speaking, preparing for an attack.

I need some attack and defense rolls. Don’t apply the +12, I’ll apply it most advantageously this round representing your side controlling the timing. Of course, you can override it, after the fact, too..

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 07, 2013 10:21 am by jebrick

Attack roll for group 1d10=8
Defense roll for group 1d10=4

I should have put Bernard’s totals up as he acting is shield grog for Korvin.
Bernard:
Attack Dex 0 + 6 short sword + 3 weapon bonus = 9 Roll: 1d10=7
Defense Quickness 0 + short sword 1 + skill 6 = 7 1d10=1 + 1d10=3 =7

Damage str -1 + short sword 5 = 4 + AA
Soak = stam 2 + heavy leather +2 = 4

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 07, 2013 11:00 am by Jonathan.Link

The following is my crib sheet for the phony redcaps
Subtotals:
Redcaps are using their group bonus to defend.
They also have a 12 group bonus.
Redcap Group attack is 15
Defense Group total is 14
Damage is 7 + AA
Soak is 5

Insatella smiles, as she watches Korvin begin casting a spell. The impostor begins working a counterspell, and a deluge of water drenches the Pilum, preventing it from doing any damage. She is very fast and graceful.

The group of grogs attacks the group of redcaps imposters, rolls of 10 on attack and 3 on defense. The attack roll is not a botch.
It’s a players choice this time, on what they want to do.

So, your attack total is 19 or 31 vs a 26 defense (which results in no damage due to their soak, regardless). Your defense totals are either a 12 or 24, versus a total attack of 15. It appears that the best that can be achieved is to use the group bonus on defense and avoid any damage.
Bernard is far enough away that it is a choice of engaging the group, or staying close to Korvin. He can move up and attack the group next round, but doesn’t get anything this round. He can get back

Deykin can (he’s got a bow, or am I misremembering?) take action during the second round, Miroslav can rush into action, and actually cover Korvin in the second round while Bernard moves up to engage the group of Redcaps. Pinhas, though he suspected something was up, is a bit too stunned to see Redcaps apparently engaging in armed combat against another magus. He’s probably seen a martial Redcap, but four in a trained group, and attacking magi on their own covenant grounds has thrown him into a bit of confusion, so he can’t come in until round 3.

“You don’t know what you’ve done, Korvin. You will pay dearly for this.” Korvin can make a folk ken roll, in addition to any second round actions.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 07, 2013 11:12 am by cunningrat1

Miroslav will cover Korvin, all the while mentally grousing about protecting a magus rather than fighting alongside one.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 07, 2013 5:45 pm by jebrick

Folk Ken 2 + Per 0 + 1d10=9 = 11 ( unless the Insatella is really a female then it is 12)

Team Attack roll 1d10=10 No botch 1d10=6
Team defense roll: 1d10=7 I’m guessing they will put the leadership points into defense.

Emmanual attack 1d10=9
Defense: 1d10=5

Can Korvin get Charge of the angry winds on the mercs and not on our grogs? I’m guessing not. PoF with no words or gestures at a merc. If I can pick out the leader then that will be my target.

Cr 27+ Ig 6 + stam 1 + aura 5 + 1d10=8 – 15 = 31.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 07, 2013 6:13 pm by Jonathan.Link

Alright, their Intiative is 9.
Attack roll of 3, defense roll of 5, and bonus goes to attack.

The attack total is 30, defense total is 19. They easily parry any and all attacks from Korvin’s group, and delivery a blistering and overwhelming attack, against 8+7+12=27 for an AA of 3. Damage total of 10, vs the group soak of 2, for 8 Damage getting through, inflicting medium wounds on all the members of Korvin’s group.

Bernard’s sword arm seems to whither into a pudgy arm, and it’s not strong enough to hold his sword any longer, he drops his sword. Korvin can try and fast cast counter this spell, somehow, if he feels lucky, standard words and gestures were used. Korvin’s Pilum of Fire does get through and hits the vanguard (Korvin can identify the vanguard, whether this is also the leader is tough for him to say, given his lack of combat experience).
His soak against the Pilum is a total of 3 against (roll the stress die for the damage, it can botch). He’s at least taking an incapacitating wound, but he has a better of average chance of being killed outright.
I’ll resolve Deykins attack when PB posts, but go ahead and declare 3rd round actions, and resolve the damage above, and I can synthesize everything into one post. Miroslav can leave Korvin and press the attack, Bernard will move back and resume his defensive actions with a round shield around Korvin.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 07, 2013 7:31 pm by cunningrat1

(( All right, let’s try this…))

Pinchas may not know much about fighting, but he knows that when a man loses his sword, that’s probably not a good thing. He takes a few steps forward, murmuring in Hebrew and rocking back and forth in prayer. No one present would likely understand him, but the words are from the Book of Job. “How you have helped him who has no power! How you have saved the arm that has no strength! How you have counseled him who has no wisdom, and plentifully declared sound knowledge! In Hashem’s name, blessed be He.” As the recitation ends, he steps forward, touching Bernard’s back with the parchment held in his hand.

(( Invoking Adjuration to restore Bernard’s sword arm. General guideline (dispel magic/faerie/infernal power), going for base 10, +1 Touch. Com +3 (using Com for the Judaic version of Purity), Adjuration (divine names) 4, Purity (adjuration) 4, [1d10] = 8 = 21. Successful invocation.

Of course, that also would put him next to Korvin, and thus much closer to the battle…))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 07, 2013 8:02 pm by Peregrine_Bjornaer

Jonathan.Link wrote:
Deykin can (he’s got a bow, or am I misremembering?) take action during the second round, Miroslav can rush into action, and actually cover Korvin in the second round while Bernard moves up to engage the group of Redcaps. Pinhas, though he suspected something was up, is a bit too stunned to see Redcaps apparently engaging in armed combat against another magus. He’s probably seen a martial Redcap, but four in a trained group, and attacking magi on their own covenant grounds has thrown him into a bit of confusion, so he can’t come in until round 3.

“You don’t know what you’ve done, Korvin. You will pay dearly for this.” Korvin can make a folk ken roll, in addition to any second round actions.

Deykin does have a bow, correct. And he remembers Alexei’s training (iirc) to try to take out the magus first – if the magus falls, the rest will follow.

So. Init -2 + die roll of 7 = 5. Attack roll is 9 + die roll of 2 = 11. Defense roll is 3 + (die roll of 0, but luckily not a botch) = 3.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 07, 2013 8:09 pm by Jonathan.Link

So, if I’m reading this right…it is only able to affect something when it comes from a creature with might? The effect is a Hermetic spell, and would seem to be unaffected, am I wrong? I’m unfamiliar with RoP:Divine, to be honest, but I’m willing to learn!

Deykin’s arrow is turned assigned by a quick shout in Latin and some vigorous gesturing.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 07, 2013 8:26 pm by jebrick

Jonathan.Link wrote:
So, if I’m reading this right…it is only able to affect something when it comes from a creature with might? The effect is a Hermetic spell, and would seem to be unaffected, am I wrong? I’m unfamiliar with RoP:Divine, to be honest, but I’m willing to learn!

Deykin’s arrow is turned assigned by a quick shout in Latin and some vigorous gesturing.

As near as i can tell he is using Invocation and must spend a faith point or confidence point to cast. I have nothing that says that he can not heal the arm. I’m assuming it is a PrCo. If it is momentary duration then he is not effecting Hermatic magic but the arm. He can not use Holy Magic to sin

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 07, 2013 8:31 pm by Peregrine_Bjornaer

Jonathan.Link wrote:
Deykin’s arrow is turned assigned by a quick shout in Latin and some vigorous gesturing.

Round 3. Excellent…she’s deflecting my arrow, Deykin thinks, but not easily. And the more attention she’s paying attention to his arrow, the less she’s focused on the others. He takes a quick glance around to see if there’s any cover as he nocks, draws, and looses another arrow. Attack is 9 + die roll of 7 = 16. Defense is 3 + die roll of 9 = 12.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 07, 2013 8:40 pm by Jonathan.Link

jebrick wrote:
Jonathan.Link wrote:
So, if I’m reading this right…it is only able to affect something when it comes from a creature with might? The effect is a Hermetic spell, and would seem to be unaffected, am I wrong? I’m unfamiliar with RoP:Divine, to be honest, but I’m willing to learn!

Deykin’s arrow is turned assigned by a quick shout in Latin and some vigorous gesturing.

As near as i can tell he is using Invocation and must spend a faith point or confidence point to cast. I have nothing that says that he can not heal the arm. I’m assuming it is a PrCo. If it is momentary duration then he is not effecting Hermatic magic but the arm. He can not use Holy Magic to sin

I understand it now…
So I missed that it was a General guideline, so the Effect level must be less than 10+X, where X is what is specified, which in this case is 10, so it must be less than 20. Arm of the Infant is exactly 20, so as far as I can tel this effect fails.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 07, 2013 8:48 pm by cunningrat1

Jonathan.Link wrote:
So, if I’m reading this right…it is only able to affect something when it comes from a creature with might? The effect is a Hermetic spell, and would seem to be unaffected, am I wrong? I’m unfamiliar with RoP:Divine, to be honest, but I’m willing to learn!

The guideline just says “Dispel magic, infernal, or faerie effects of level less than (this effect level + 10).” I don’t see anywhere where it requires that it be a creature with might. shrugs Up to you as to whether Adjuration can affect Hermetic Magic. I thought it could, but the description is imprecise one way or the other.

jebrick wrote:
[As near as i can tell he is using Invocation and must spend a faith point or confidence point to cast. I have nothing that says that he can not heal the arm. I’m assuming it is a PrCo. If it is momentary duration then he is not effecting Hermatic magic but the arm. He can not use Holy Magic to sin

] I was actually using Purity and spending a Long-Term Fatigue level. The description was very similar to Invocation because — again — RoP:tD is effed up where it comes to Judaism and how Purity is described.
[
It’s a MuCo spell.
] The intent was to affect Hermetic Magic. If I was trying to affect the arm I’d need to use Blessing or something else. All I have is Adjuration.
[
What does Holy Magic and /or sinning have to do with anything?

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 07, 2013 8:56 pm by jebrick

Jonathan.Link wrote:
Alright, their Intiative is 9.
Attack roll of 3, defense roll of 5, and bonus goes to attack.

The attack total is 30, defense total is 19. They easily parry any and all attacks from Korvin’s group, and delivery a blistering and overwhelming attack, against 8+7+12=27 for an AA of 3. Damage total of 10, vs the group soak of 2, for 8 Damage getting through, inflicting medium wounds on all the members of Korvin’s group.

Bernard’s sword arm seems to whither into a pudgy arm, and it’s not strong enough to hold his sword any longer, he drops his sword. Korvin can try and fast cast counter this spell, somehow, if he feels lucky, standard words and gestures were used. Korvin’s Pilum of Fire does get through and hits the vanguard (Korvin can identify the vanguard, whether this is also the leader is tough for him to say, given his lack of combat experience).
His soak against the Pilum is a total of 3 against (roll the stress die for the damage, it can botch). He’s at least taking an incapacitating wound, but he has a better of average chance of being killed outright.
I’ll resolve Deykins attack when PB posts, but go ahead and declare 3rd round actions, and resolve the damage above, and I can synthesize everything into one post. Miroslav can leave Korvin and press the attack, Bernard will move back and resume his defensive actions with a round shield around Korvin.

Damage roll is 1d10=8 + 15 = 23

Korvin would try to spont a CrCo to defend Bernard even though the Rabbi is going to act. Per 0 Awarness 1 mag 4 – 15 = target 10 1d10=5 no luck. so he does not cast.

Bernard will fall back and Miroslav can press forward. Korvin will spont Swords to plowshares ( a spell on Jacques’ sheet1) ReTe 10. with no words but normal gestures at a merc ( the next one that steps up ). It will force his sword into the ground and needs a str +9 roll to pull it out. Re14 + Te 6 + stam 1 + aura 10 – 10 for no words + 1d10=7 = 28/2 = 14

1 Jacques version is for a group. so it is ReTe20. Korvin is for a single person so it is 10.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 07, 2013 9:13 pm by Jonathan.Link

The vanguard of the Redcap Imposters goes down. This group will break into individuals (I’ll continue the combat tomorrow, since it just got really complicated). Insatella appears to disappear. Can try and make awareness rolls to locate her, or can concentrate on the grogs.
Round three attacks for the group of grogs and anyone else needed…

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 07, 2013 9:20 pm by Peregrine_Bjornaer

Jonathan.Link wrote:
The vanguard of the Redcap Imposters goes down. This group will break into individuals (I’ll continue the combat tomorrow, since it just got really complicated). Insatella appears to disappear. Can try and make awareness rolls to locate her, or can concentrate on the grogs.
Round three attacks for the group of grogs and anyone else needed…

Deykin will take a moment to look around to be sure she’s actually gone and not invisible. Per 1 + Awareness 4 + die roll of 7 = 12.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Wed May 08, 2013 10:47 am by Jonathan.Link

((Gentle nudge, I need attack and defense rolls and totals for the third round of action for Korvin’s grogs, don’t forget to incude the -3 for medium wounds, or point me to them, if I’m missing them.))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Wed May 08, 2013 11:09 am by jebrick

Jonathan.Link wrote:
((Gentle nudge, I need attack and defense rolls and totals for the third round of action for Korvin’s grogs, don’t forget to incude the -3 for medium wounds, or point me to them, if I’m missing them.))

Pardon. Work gets in the way sometimes

Attack total for grog group = dex -3 + 8 + short sword 3 = 11
Defense total for grog group = qik -1 + sword 1 + 8 = 8
Damage = str 3 + short sword +5 = 8 + AA
Soak = stam 0 + 2 (heavy leather) = 2

Group of Grogs:
Attack: 1d10-3=4 = 15
Defense: 1d10-3=4 = 13
I’m guessing points will go into defense.

i will let CR roll for his grog.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Wed May 08, 2013 11:47 am by cunningrat1

Miroslav attack: roll of 2 + 13 => 15.
Miroslav defense: roll of 9 + 12 => 21.

Pinchas is holding action (again) until he sees what Korvin does.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Wed May 08, 2013 12:11 pm by Jonathan.Link

Alright, two of the grogs form up in front, while Insatella and another grog form up into another pair, and appears to be defending her. One of the grogs pulls something from under his jerkin and tosses it at his fallen comrade. The grog then slices at his fallen comrade, where the pouch landed. spilling a white substance around the grog. They first one turns back the attack from the group, has a defense total of 14 before the roll and rolls an 8. Emmanual’s attack is turned back, as well, as his defense total is 10 before the roll.

Insatella casts a CrAq spell, which I’ll detail the effect of later, if it isn’t countered.

Korvin can rethink his actions, as the -10 for no gestures is applied after dividing for a casting score. He can also try and asses and determine the form of the spell Insatella is casting, it’s fairly obvious from her words and gestures, though.
Applying the -10 to the CS and then dividing doesn’t make sense, and imposes a huge penalty on formulaic casters, and you could end up with odd results where it might be easier to cast a spell you know spontaneously than it would be to cast it formulaicly. I’m not going to do the math on where that point is, but I’m pretty sure it exists. So, his total would be 38/2=19-10=9, and it would therefore fail.

Miroslav’s attack is deflected, as he attacks the better defender, and his defense total is 19.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Wed May 08, 2013 2:34 pm by jebrick

Jonathan.Link wrote:
Alright, two of the grogs form up in front, while Insatella and another grog form up into another pair, and appears to be defending her. One of the grogs pulls something from under his jerkin and tosses it at his fallen comrade. The grog then slices at his fallen comrade, where the pouch landed. spilling a white substance around the grog. They first one turns back the attack from the group, has a defense total of 14 before the roll and rolls an 8. Emmanual’s attack is turned back, as well, as his defense total is 10 before the roll.

Insatella casts a CrAq spell, which I’ll detail the effect of later, if it isn’t countered.

Korvin can rethink his actions, as the -10 for no gestures is applied after dividing for a casting score. He can also try and asses and determine the form of the spell Insatella is casting, it’s fairly obvious from her words and gestures, though.
Applying the -10 to the CS and then dividing doesn’t make sense, and imposes a huge penalty on formulaic casters, and you could end up with odd results where it might be easier to cast a spell you know spontaneously than it would be to cast it formulaicly. I’m not going to do the math on where that point is, but I’m pretty sure it exists. So, his total would be 38/2=19-10=9, and it would therefore fail.

Hmm. He will fail to determine the spell again 1d10=2 unless it is a given. 15 is a hard target to get. He is unless at general countering.

I read that it is automatic so Korvin will try to counter with a ReAq to turn the water to steam. But of course he fails his fast cast roll. 1d10=4 + Quk 0 + Fin 2 = 6.

Oh well. He has no other real choices so he will PoF another one. Cr 27 + Ig 6 + stam 1 + aura 5 + 1d10=9 – 15 for words and gestures. = 33

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Wed May 08, 2013 6:48 pm by Jonathan.Link

The CrAq spell creates a gentle spray of water over the white powder, which quickly causes caustic fumes, and a few seconds later, the partly charred remains of the vanguard’s clothing catches fire.
The fumes are going to cause people who are nearby to cough and choke. Another CrAq spell is quickly cast and disrupts Korvin’s Pilum of Fire. The Insatella imposter is crazy fast, Marcus level of fast.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 09, 2013 9:20 am by jebrick

On to round 4 rolls
Attack total for grog group = dex -3 + 8 + short sword 3 = 11
Defense total for grog group = qik -1 + sword 1 + 8 = 8
Damage = str 3 + short sword +5 = 8 + AA
Soak = stam 0 + 2 (heavy leather) = 2

Group of Grogs
attack 1d10=7 = 15
defense: 1d10=8 = 13

points in attack this round

Emmanuel
Attack 1d10=10 and a botch 1d10=10 Since he is not attacking meh
Defense 1d10=10

Korvin will spont Curse of the unfully tongue on Insatella ( ReCo 5) with no gestures (-5) ( trying to make it tougher to counter) Re 14 + Co 19 + Stam 1 + Aura 10 + 1d10=6 = 50/2 = 25 -5 = 20 with 15+2 penitration

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 09, 2013 9:36 am by Jonathan.Link

The grogs are going to have to deal with the negative effects of the caustic cloud around the vanguard of the imposter redcaps. Further, they will have to pass the body to continue to engage. A fire has started on the imposter redcap and his caught fire, and it is conceivable that it could interfere with visuals to the other side, or provide an obstacle to reinforcements. The group of grogs are all injured and at -3, already, and will have additional minuses, because they’re all coughing and their eyes are watering.

You can process whether Korvin can reasonably know this, since he’s not a combat magus, some of this is in doubt. But he is a healer, and he has injured men on his hands, so there is that to consider. And finally, there’s the issue of who these impostors are. There’s a lot going through Korvin’s head. I’d like to see a bit of that, too. We can continue as described, or you can alter the plan.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 09, 2013 9:56 am by jebrick

Jonathan.Link wrote:
The grogs are going to have to deal with the negative effects of the caustic cloud around the vanguard of the imposter redcaps. Further, they will have to pass the body to continue to engage. A fire has started on the imposter redcap and his caught fire, and it is conceivable that it could interfere with visuals to the other side, or provide an obstacle to reinforcements. The group of grogs are all injured and at -3, already, and will have additional minuses, because they’re all coughing and their eyes are watering.

You can process whether Korvin can reasonably know this, since he’s not a combat magus, some of this is in doubt. But he is a healer, and he has injured men on his hands, so there is that to consider. And finally, there’s the issue of who these impostors are. There’s a lot going through Korvin’s head. I’d like to see a bit of that, too. We can continue as described, or you can alter the plan.

It is always good to describe the situation. I had not realized that the body was in the way. This is why a map is so handy.

Here is something of Korvin’s thoughts : Healing in combat is next to worthless. Especially when they have medium wounds. I need to make a spell for medium wounds because there are only formulaics for light and total body heal. Healing a light wound does nothing with a medium wound. Healing is even worst when there is another magus that can counter your heal and get off an offensive spell of his own.

WHERE IN THE F**KING HELL IS EVERYONE! If this were Valerian attacking we would all be dead. Why in the hell did we put in alarms if no one answers them.

((I’ll revise my actions after a bit.))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 09, 2013 12:14 pm by Jonathan.Link

Alexei is about two rounds away based on the discussion about qcipher’s preparations Alexei would undertake. Others can probably have determined by now where the alarm was originally started and start making their way there. Fiona is probably the closest magus to the scene with her cottage being outside the castle, in the courtyard area (to my mind). She will probably arrive around the same time as Alexei…
We can presume those who have The Leap of Homecoming also have an AC to the location of the alarm. And they can start arriving in round 5 and 6, depending on how well they make an awareness roll… Also, it depends on the level of preparations they intend to take before coming into battle…

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 09, 2013 12:39 pm by jebrick

Jonathan.Link wrote:
Alexei is about two rounds away based on the discussion about qcipher’s preparations Alexei would undertake. Others can probably have determined by now where the alarm was originally started and start making their way there. Fiona is probably the closest magus to the scene with her cottage being outside the castle, in the courtyard area (to my mind). She will probably arrive around the same time as Alexei…
We can presume those who have The Leap of Homecoming also have an AC to the location of the alarm. And they can start arriving in round 5 and 6, depending on how well they make an awareness roll… Also, it depends on the level of preparations they intend to take before coming into battle…

I, the player, am not complaining about it. I know it is Korvin’s story. Korvin is struggling with battling competent opponents while not being a battler. The player was hoping that Insatella would make her escape already. I also know that Korvin is going to bring this performance up in Council with the Flamebeau and other magi

Korvin is guessing he is facing a Hermatic mage or a person trained in hermatic arts.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 09, 2013 12:51 pm by cunningrat1

Miroslav:
Attack 13 + [1d10]8 = 21, not counting the choking penalty.
Defense 12 +[1d10]2 = 14.

Pinchas:
Pinchas again murmurs a prayer in Hebrew, swaying back and forth. “You shall destroy those who tell lies. Hashem, Blessed be He, abhors the man of bloodshed and deceit.” He lifts his eyes, staring straight at Insatella, and switches to Latin. “Elohim compels you to tell the truth: WHO ARE YOU?”

(( Guideline is level 10: “Compel a supernatural creature to reveal the truth, even a demon; you may ask one question, and if you overcome the creature’s resistance it must answer you honestly.” Voice range, 2. This will ONLY work if Insatella is a supernatural creature rather than a magus. Spending a Confidence point to activate Invocation. Com +3, Adjuration 41, Kabbalah 2+1, Confidence +3, roll of 9=23. So IF she’s a supernatural creature, and IF her resistance is less than 23, she’s compelled to answer honestly. ))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 09, 2013 1:09 pm by jebrick

Korvin’s revises action. He will step up to the line ( bringing him in range to be hit). He wants to be even with the grog group. He will cast Charge of the Angry Winds (CrAu 15) without gestures to blow the smoke and hopefully the mercs back. Give his previous roll of a 6 and with the -5 the total is 31 so 16 +3 in penetration.

Edit: Give new info by JL I will cast without words as well so casting total is 21 6 + 3 pentration

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 09, 2013 1:31 pm by Jonathan.Link

I need an awareness roll from Pinchas to actually locate Insatella in the 3rd round. She was heard casting the CrAq spell, but is not seen… It’s not a hard roll, succeeds on 6+

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 09, 2013 1:53 pm by cunningrat1

Jonathan.Link wrote:
I need an awareness roll from Pinchas to actually locate Insatella in the 3rd round. She was heard casting the CrAq spell, but is not seen… It’s not a hard roll, succeeds on 6+

Per +2, 3 for no Awareness, [1d10]roll of 1 then 9 - succeeded.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 09, 2013 2:28 pm by Jonathan.Link

There’s no subtraction to the die roll for not having the ability, the penalty to not having an ability is that you are unable to roll for knowledge abilities and for all others have three botch dice in the event you roll a 0, and ostensibly, though it’s unwritten, I think it’s always a stress roll.
Just before after the grog catches on fire, Pinchas prays his fervent prayer, and in response.

An inhuman scream comes from the area where one of the grogs is formed up. “JARDIS!” Everyone except the Insatella impostor, Pinchas and Korvin are knocked down by the force of the voice emanating from a point just in front of the Insatella imposter. The area in front of where Pinchas heard Insatella’s voice coming from shimmers, and an inky blackness coalesces around a diminutive woman of evil beauty, coal black skin, naked with pronounced breasts capped with ruby read nipples. Her nether region is uncovered with hair, a red streak forms where men like to sheath their most personal weapon.

The form of Insatella is visible for a split second before Korvin notes a PeIm spell is being cast. The voice is no longer correct to Korvin’s recollection, sounds male now.

I’ll resolve round 4 actions in a subsequent post.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 09, 2013 2:44 pm by cunningrat1

(( Wow.
Oh, wow.
I really didn’t think that would work. That was a ‘hail mary’ thing JUST on the off chance there was a possession thing going.
On the plus side… holy crap, that worked.
On the minus side, I think Pinchas just acquired the “Target #1” designation….))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 09, 2013 2:47 pm by jebrick

((And Korvin is even less functional vs a demon than just about anything else))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 09, 2013 2:50 pm by Jonathan.Link

It really only worked, because it has used up a fair bit of might… And I may have erred in the calculations… But I’ll go with what it is.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 09, 2013 3:16 pm by cunningrat1

(( NOW, of course, I have to figure out what Pinchas is going to do for his next trick. :p His first instinct with a demon is to drive it away, but with this powerful a demon that’s almost impossible to pull off without a Divine Aura to aid him, and he’d know that. Same with compelling it directly, or restraining it.

Hmmm. Int 3, Infernal Lore 41, roll of 3 =11. What would Pinchas know about this thing? Make that his round 4 action, if necessary.))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 09, 2013 3:27 pm by jebrick

About as good as it gets for Korvin and awareness. 1d10=8 + awarness 1 + per 0 = 9

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 09, 2013 3:34 pm by Jonathan.Link

The voice IS Jareth’s.

So, everyone is knocked down at the beginning of round 4, except for Jardis, Insatella/Jareth, Korvin and Pinchas. Are we making any revised actions for round 4, now that there’s a demon nearby and a corpse starting to catch fire? The group of grogs led by Mons Electi can get up, and they can form up as individuals or continue as a group in round 5. Everyone else is spending the rest of the round getting up.

Miroslav’s attack was negated because I believe that was a round 4 action, and he’s now getting up. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 09, 2013 4:15 pm by cunningrat1

Jonathan.Link wrote:
Miroslav’s attack was negated because I believe that was a round 4 action, and he’s now getting up. Correct me if I’m wrong.

I’m confuzzled enough that I’m going to say “sure, that was round 4”.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 09, 2013 9:02 pm by Peregrine_Bjornaer

Deykin will, presumably, use Round 4 to get back to his feet.

Fiona’s Awareness roll for the alarms is Per 0 + Awareness 3 + die roll of 5 = 8.

She grabs her Talisman, casts Robes of Impenetrable Linen on her clothes, and makes haste to where the alarm was sounded. She doesn’t have Leap of the Homecoming yet, she’s learning it this season.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 09, 2013 9:16 pm by gerg

((Tranquillina: Per 2 + Awareness 2 + stress die 5 = 9. I have her down as being in the lab this season, so she might be a bit less responsive than otherwise.))

Puzzled by the alarm, Tranquillina casts Veil of Invisibility on herself and then Leaps to the alarm site (both castings automatic without fatigue).

JL, you can tell me when she arrives. And Villaume and/or Jehanne, too, if you want.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 09, 2013 9:44 pm by jebrick

((Now that the demon shows up everyone comes running ))
Korvin looks at the demon and then looks at the rabbi and then back to the demon

HOLY SH*T!! How did he do that. HOLT SH*T!! Jareth!?! That bastard!…The demon came in our Aegis! HOLY SH*T!! Ok. Start breathing again…Perhaps I should become a Jew. That was great!…No. Circumcision would hurt. HOLY SH*T!! Breath.

((I’ll think of an action tomorrow. Korvin would invent the high five for the Rabbi for that one.))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 09, 2013 9:51 pm by cunningrat1

(( JL, since Korvin triggered the alarm before these guys left the Aegis, is it reasonable for Pinchas to assume that Korvin doesn’t want these people to retreat? ))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 09, 2013 10:00 pm by Jonathan.Link

Yeah, I think that’s reasonable. Although Korvin might be more interested in destroying the Demon than keeping it around, since magi know well enough you can’t trust what a demon tells you. And, well, Jareth is a different issue entirely…

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 09, 2013 10:04 pm by cunningrat1

Pinchas turns to Korvin, frowning unhappily. What he’s about to attempt should Korvin accede to his request is at the screaming edge of his capabilities, and the prospect of failure terrifies him. “Magus, can you incise a circle in the flagstones around that thing?”

I’ll post in a bit what the action is.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 09, 2013 10:26 pm by Jonathan.Link

((I think it’s reasonable for Pinchas to know that’s next to impossible, without some way of physically restraining the demon.))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 09, 2013 10:45 pm by qcipher

((Hurrying…sorry. I actually couldn’t read any of this until now, the office blocks pages that have lots of die rolls. It’s 1 round away now?))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 09, 2013 10:54 pm by Jonathan.Link

No, we are in round 4.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 09, 2013 11:29 pm by cunningrat1

Pinchas is holding action in Round 4 — going on full defense, whatever. Talk to me when round 5 rolls around.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Fri May 10, 2013 12:25 pm by jebrick

Can you set the scene for round 4 so I’m clear?

Everyone is down except Pinchas, Korvin, the Demon Jardis and Jareth. Is Jareth visible? did people just get knocked down or were they moved away from the demon ( 1 or 2 paces)?

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Fri May 10, 2013 12:29 pm by Jonathan.Link

Jareth is visible, but looks like Insatella. It was the voice that Korvin recognized.
Everyone else is down on the ground, they aren’t far from wherever they were before they got knocked down. The rest of the round will be getting up and into position.
Jareth and Jardis have some freedom of action, as do Pinchas and Korvin… Jareth/Insatella looks ready to bolt. Jardis is licking her lips seductively while surveying all the men lying before her… She looks like she might pounce on someone nearby. In fact, her mouth seems to be growing larger…

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Fri May 10, 2013 12:41 pm by jebrick

Not sure this is possible but we will give it a try. Korvin want to cast a ReTe to get the powder from the body and fling it at Insatella/Jareth Basically doing the invisible sling but trickier .

Re14 + Te 6 + stam 1 + aura 10 + 1d10=9 /2 = 20

Finesse roll 2 + per 0 + 1d10=6 = 8 i will spend confidence if I need to.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Mon May 13, 2013 9:12 am by Jonathan.Link

Alright, the remaining part of the powder is flung. Jareth quickly casts a spell that looks like CrAu and blows the powder away, further diluting its effects and then begins running away. The demon jumps on one of Jareth’s fallen grogs closest to it and bites down on the neck and rips it wide open, causing the grog to quickly bleed out. The powder doesn’t seem to have any effect on the demon.
No confidenceis spent.

Round 5 actions. Jareth is a few rounds from clearing the Aegis boundary, and will likely then be able to Leap away or something similar.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Mon May 13, 2013 11:00 pm by Peregrine_Bjornaer

Round 5 action for Deykin is to draw, nock, loose, at…wait. Okay, Jareth is the person pretending to be Instatella, right? And Jardis is the she-demon that just ripped one of our grogs’ throat out?

Shit. Demon or maga. I need one of those Green Arrow trick arrows that splits into two and hits them both. Maybe something to bring up to Alexei.

So. Maga it is. Because he saw what the demon did, and doesn’t want to draw its attention.

Attack is 9 + (die roll of 0, botch check comes up a 3) = 9. Defense roll is 3 + die roll of 7 = 10. If the attack hits, damage is +7.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 14, 2013 8:38 am by jebrick

((The demon killed one of it’s allies, not one of our grogs))

Korvin yells at Daniel “Get you men away from that thing now!” Where in the hell are the Flamebeau when you need them?

Korvin reaches down and grabs Miroslav. I need your help.

He will use vis to boost Seven league stride and port himself and Miroslav in front of Instatella/Jareth. Between him and the aegis border. If he can pull it off they will facing the fleeing wizard.

Re 14 + Co 19 + stam 1 + Aura 10 + 1d10=5 = 49
2 pawn if Co spent to boost the target to group

Finness 2 + per 0 + 1d10=2 = 4. I’m sure we are facing the wrong way.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 14, 2013 9:18 am by Jonathan.Link

Jareth ignores the arrow, and it misses a bit wide.

Korvin finds himself unable to finely control the desired location and overshoots his target by 50 paces. He’s also facing away from Jareth, in the same direction he was before. Korvin can recognize all these things immediately.

Jardis jumps to another one of the redcap imposters, who by this time is standing up, and repeats the neck bite. He quickly falls to the ground. The redcap imposter, seeing what happened to the rest of his comrades screams, drops his weapon and runs towards the men of Mons Electi.

Alexei and Fiona arrive this round, but are unable to act, and just take in the carnage…

In the courtyard, approaching the bridge to Tribunal city the magi can see some injured Mons Electi grogs, some dead redcaps on the ground, two of whom have had their necks bitten and are bleeding out, one who is on fire, and one running screaming towards Mons Electi grogs who are injured. Korvin and Miroslav are in the middle of the bridge, and another Redcap, appearing to be Insatella, the Prima Mercere is running towards Korvin, but not yet on the bridge. Oh, and there is a diminutive woman with coal black skin. She is completely naked and the parts of women that men find most interesting appear to be overdeveloped, and highlighted in ruby red. Her mouth is open in a hideous smile and is dripping with blood and bits of flesh are stuck between her razor sharp teeth. She’s probably the reason for the dead redcaps…

((IMO, the only reasonable target for Alexei and Fiona, is the demon, until they can get a grasp on what Korvin and everyone else is doing.))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 14, 2013 9:52 am by cunningrat1

(( Um. You missed Pinchas’ action in Rd 5, I believe? I didn’t have time to post it — can we have him act last?))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 14, 2013 9:55 am by Jonathan.Link

Sure, sorry.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 14, 2013 10:08 am by qcipher

“By Jesu!” Alexei shouts after he takes a moment to see the situation. “A Demon!” his face contorts in loathing and righteous anger as he raises his staff.

((Just saying nothing in particular, I’d have him revoke invites just in case, but he shouldn’t be able to take any meaningful action until next round. Next round we can have Donner join him also, it takes him a round to teleport after Alexei, and then a round after that he can grow to his fightin’ size.))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 14, 2013 10:20 am by jebrick

Just in case… Grog group that was with Korvin and not named Miroslav runs away as fast as they can.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 14, 2013 4:07 pm by cunningrat1

Miroslav looks confused briefly, but he has been a shield grog for a while, and Korvin’s intent was pretty clear… it’s just that the execution was lacking. He eyes the magus, mutters derisively “в белый свет як в копеечку” and takes up a position between Korvin and Insatella, shield and axe at the ready.

Pinchas double-takes at the last redcap running past him, and re-assesses the situation. Korvin’s gone, the shield grog contingent broke, and there’s nothing at all now between him and the demon. A sane man would quail at such a sight. However, no one’s ever accused the rabbi of being sane…

He smiles at the demon, and steps between it and the last “redcap”, lifting the piece of parchment in his hand as one would brandish a shield. “Listen, Jardis. Listen well, spawn of Gehinnom. Look upon G-d’s name, and tremble.” His voice lifts in a quavering chant. “Sh’ma Yisroel, Adonai eloheinu…”

(( The Guideline is level 5: make a supernatural creature unable to abide the sight of you, and retreat. 2 R: Voice, +1 D: Recitation. (The effect lasts as long as he recites a prayer. I’ve actually timed myself saying the Sh’ma for this, it works out to about a minute and a half. ) Purity 41, Adjuration 4+1, Com +3. Spending a Confidence point. Roll of 5: total 21, plus whatever bonus he gets (IF ANY) from using this thing’s True Name.))
(( If he succeeds, he’s going to try to herd the demon away from the last living “redcap” and towards Alexei.))
(( If he fails… it’s a good thing Abigail’s not a blood relative, she’d hate having to sit shiva.))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 14, 2013 5:08 pm by Jonathan.Link

Jardis turns and saunters away after that. I’ll leave it as her having taken down two of the imposter redcaps…

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 14, 2013 6:18 pm by cunningrat1

Jonathan.Link wrote:
Jardis turns and saunters away after that. I’ll leave it as her having taken down two of the imposter redcaps…

(( Am I correct in assuming that since Pinchas’ Initiative was so low, he could not have saved the Redcap Jardis killed this round?))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 14, 2013 6:33 pm by Jonathan.Link

Yes

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 14, 2013 7:31 pm by Peregrine_Bjornaer

Fiona considers, and just as quickly discards, the idea of casting La Petite Mascarade, then Leap of the Homecoming to try to block the demon’s exit, but that just sounds suicidal.

She whispers to Alexei, “Do we want her leaving?”, then starts casting Jupiter’s Resounding Blow, which will go off unless Alexei tells her to let her go.

CT on Jupiter’s Resounding Blow is 15 + Aura + die roll of 7 = 22 + Aura. The Spell Level is 10, so Penetration would be 12 + Aura + Penetration 3 = 15 + Aura.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Wed May 15, 2013 11:17 pm by qcipher

((OK this is my 3rd attempt to post, hopefully it will work))

“Cast your spell, I’ll follow it up.” he says as he raises his staff.

((Basically going to hold off so as not to be affected. Is it round 6 yet?))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Wed May 15, 2013 11:53 pm by Peregrine_Bjornaer

Okay, so Fiona’s Jupiter’s Resounding Blow presumably goes off. I take it she would need a Targeting roll to have it land on top of Jardis? Int 1 + Finesse 3 + die roll of 4 = 8 (9 if she gets to include her specialization Precision).

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 16, 2013 9:44 am by jebrick

((in Latin)) We must prevent her from reaching the bridge!

Korvin begins sprinting towards Insatella/Jareth.

((Holding my action for now. Can Korvin reach her before she gets out of the aegis?))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 16, 2013 10:01 am by Jonathan.Link

qcipher wrote:
((Basically going to hold off so as not to be affected. Is it round 6 yet?))

Yes, Alexei is here, and can take action.

Peregrine_Bjornaer wrote:
Okay, so Fiona’s Jupiter’s Resounding Blow presumably goes off. I take it she would need a Targeting roll to have it land on top of Jardis? Int 1 + Finesse 3 + die roll of 4 = 8 (9 if she gets to include her specialization Precision).

The demon covers her ears a bit, but keeps running.

jebrick wrote:
Korvin begins sprinting towards Insatella/Jareth.

((Holding my action for now. Can Korvin reach her before she gets out of the aegis?))

It’s going to be close. Running can be your action for this round, putting you into better position for a spell before Jareth crosses the Aegis. Or you can take two swipes at Jardis, or otherwise try and contain her to the Aegis.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 16, 2013 10:20 am by jebrick

Jonathan.Link wrote:

Peregrine_Bjornaer wrote:
Okay, so Fiona’s Jupiter’s Resounding Blow presumably goes off. I take it she would need a Targeting roll to have it land on top of Jardis? Int 1 + Finesse 3 + die roll of 4 = 8 (9 if she gets to include her specialization Precision).

The demon covers her ears a bit, but keeps running.

((I thought the demon was sauntering ))

jebrick wrote:
Korvin begins sprinting towards Insatella/Jareth.

((Holding my action for now. Can Korvin reach her before she gets out of the aegis?))

It’s going to be close. Running can be your action for this round, putting you into better position for a spell before Jareth crosses the Aegis. Or you can take two swipes at Jardis, or otherwise try and contain her to the Aegis.

Korvin will sprint towards Jareth this turn.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 16, 2013 10:26 am by Jonathan.Link

jebrick wrote:
((I thought the demon was sauntering ))

It’s a fast saunter.

I’ll wait for Alexei to decide what he’s going to do, but you can begin thinking about round 7 actions…

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 16, 2013 12:08 pm by qcipher

((Alexei has a touch version of DEO, can he reach her this round without teleporting? If not, he has Wizard’s Leap mastered for Fast Casting, he’ll try Fast Casting the Wizard’s Leap to appear in front of her and then use the DEO (It’s called Diamond Thrust) on her and jab her with the staff to complete it. Once I get the info I’ll make a proper post, but I can’t make any rolls here at the office…I can’t even check my casting total before hand , though I believe for ReCo it’s 36 (26 for Fast Casting) and for PeVi it’s 26 (both casting totals are including the aura))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 16, 2013 1:28 pm by Jonathan.Link

So here’s how I see that maneuver working: Alexei tries to predict where she is going to be, at the time he’s going to be ready to cast the Touch version of DEO, so he needs to estimate a spot. His perception is crap, but I think we can simulate this with Quickness+Finesse fast casting success check of 13, which is her initiative. If he is successful with quickness+finesse>=13, he lands in the correct spot and the DEO spell is timed correctly. If not, his spell is ineffective this round, but she’s in range for round 7.

The problem isn’t the spell going off, the problem is timing it. And don’t forget that this adds two botch dice to the spell casting roll, so with mastery, you’re down to a total of two botch dice, if you roll a 0. Do your rolls when you can, you don’t need to keep reminding me you can’t roll during certain times. Or you can have someone else roll on your behalf, if you want them to do it. I just don’t care to do it, since it feels like I’m taking control.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 16, 2013 1:40 pm by qcipher

((I’m fine with someone rolling for me, and he’d spend Confidence if he needs to on the Finesse, because that seems to be the most difficult roll. Also with the Familiar qualities (I think Gold) he’s down 2 more dice for potential botches, so I’m ok with risk.))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 16, 2013 9:06 pm by qcipher

((OK, here’s for the Fast Cast of the spell:

1d10+3 → [7,3] = (10) He’ll spend a Confidence point and is successful on the speed.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4052455/

Here’s the roll for Wizard’s Leap:
1d10+25 → [3,25] = (28)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4052459/

And here’s the roll for Diamond Thrust (it’s an invented spell, here is the quick rundown of it again):
Diamond Thrust PeVi 10
R: Touch D: Momentary T: Individual
A version of Demon’s Eternal Oblivion with a range of Touch. It is a low level spell, but more likely to Penetrate, and as a touch spell it actually strips additional Might.
Base Effect, Touch +1, Target size +1

It should strip 15 Might instead of 10

Die roll:
1d10+29 → [10,29] = (39) ARRRRGHH!!! Potential botch. I don’t have it mastered, but with 2 in Golden Cords 2 dice are removed. That should cover it, but just in case (to save time) I’ll roll 1 botch die:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4052467/

Botch die: 1d10 → 10 = (10) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4052476/
Well hopefully I only had 2 dice or less for the Diamond Thrust spell, if it was 3 there’s a botch. If no Botch then the spell total is 29, with additional Penetration of 3

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 16, 2013 9:12 pm by Peregrine_Bjornaer

Just realized I missed Round 6 for Deykin, I think. Is he where he can do anything but lob arrows at Jarsis or Jarreth?

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 16, 2013 9:25 pm by Jonathan.Link

Alexei botches the spell. The Golden Cord doesn’t drop it to less than 1…
Add 1 warping point…
Alexei misjudges where his pole lands…Jardis, in the center pocket. She writhes on it seductively, lasciviously, “Oh, darling, thank you so very much. You don’t know how much I needed it. You complete me. I shall not forget this favor.” She grips his pole tightly and wrenches…
Str roll of 9+ to keep it.

Peregrine_Bjornaer wrote:
Just realized I missed Round 6 for Deykin, I think. Is he where he can do anything but lob arrows at Jarsis or Jarreth?

Jareth is well out of range, but Jardis isn’t…

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 16, 2013 10:04 pm by Peregrine_Bjornaer

In Round 6, Deykin nocks, draws, and looses carefully…or as carefully as he can under the circumstances.

Attack roll is 9 + die roll of 9 = 18; the range increment is 15 paces.

Defense roll is 3 + die roll of 5 = 8.

Round 7, unless anything changes, he’ll do the same, and try to ignore how tight his codpiece seems to have gotten all of a sudden.

Attack roll is 9 + die roll of 6 = 15.

Defense roll is 3 + die roll of 0 (botch check comes up an 8) = 3.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 16, 2013 10:18 pm by Jonathan.Link

Round 6 attack from Deykin: Jardis hears the arrow whirring towards her, and she attempts to dodge out of the way. It hits her in her right buttock. She giggles as if tickled somewhere else… It doesn’t appear to bother her.
((I’ll take Deykin’s Round 7 in total with what happens. She was at the edge of 15 paces, and will the 7th round attack has a -3 due to the range increase.))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Fri May 17, 2013 12:38 am by qcipher

Add 1 warping point…

((Done. This is why I can’t have nice Thunder…someone’s always stealing it! ))

“Filthy succubus!” Alexei snarls and then calls out. “Donner! To me!”

((Strength roll:
1d10+2 → [3,2] = (5) A Confidence point won’t help so he loses the staff.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4052810/

I’ll roll for Donner to possibly hear Alexei this to save time, he wasn’t with me when I got here.
Per 4 + Awareness 4+ Keen Hearing 3: 1d10+11 → [9,11] = (20)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4052814/
He probably hears it and can teleport to Alexei.

Alexei concentrates for a second and then lashes out with a punch to the demon.

((Titan’s Gentle Slap Pe (Re) Co 25
R: Touch D: Momentary T: Individual
Touch the target and cause a Medium wound, the Rego requisite also causes the target to be flung backwards as if from a heavy blow, 5 paces. This spell has increased the Target so as to be able to affect larger than normal sized being with human shaped bodies (Giants, etc)
Base 10+5 for Requisite (cause a wound and fling a body), R: +1, Target Size Increase: +1 (Can effect human bodies up to 15 feet tall) Total Level 25

Casting roll 40
1d10
40 → [3,40] = (43) 43, Penetration +4
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4052816/

Brawl roll, he just needs to touch her:
1d10+2 → [9,2] = (11) 12 with his Specialty in Brawl and he’ll spend a Confidence if it will help hit
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4052817/

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Fri May 17, 2013 1:57 pm by cunningrat1

jebrick wrote:
Korvin will sprint towards Jareth this turn.

Miroslav keeps up with Korvin, grunting a bit, but since Korvin wasn’t specific about which “her” needs to be stopped he’ll take a swing at the first target he comes to, whether that be Insatella or Jardis.

(( Spending a Fatigue level on attack. Attack [1d10] = 6 + Atk bonus 12 + Fatigue bonus 9=27. Damage +9.
Defense [1d10] = 6 + bonus 12 = 18.))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Fri May 17, 2013 8:09 pm by jebrick

I’m not sure where we are in turns but Korvin is going to get up to the end of the bridge and cast Earth wave at Insatella

Re 14 + Te 6 + stam 1 + aura 10 1d10=8 – No voice 10 = 21

Korvin would love to tackle him but he does not have the brawl skill.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Fri May 17, 2013 8:21 pm by Jonathan.Link

Korvin is on the bridge, there’s no earth there for him to get the spell to start, it’s all stone.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Fri May 17, 2013 9:08 pm by Peregrine_Bjornaer

I’m not sure where exactly Fiona is, but I think she has an action coming up this turn. Curse of Circe is a Voice range spell. She’s going to put some oomph into it, with the screaming and the waving and the glayven! Hopefully Jardis has spent enough of her might that Fiona can affect her. Casting Total is 35 + Loud Words 1 + Bold Gestures 1 + Aura 5 + die roll of 5 = 47. Spell level is 35, so her Penetration is 12 + Penetration (Transformation) 4 = 16. Here’s hoping it works. Oh, and the Loud Words bumps the range to 50 paces.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Fri May 17, 2013 9:42 pm by Jonathan.Link

Unfortunately, Fiona’s spell is ineffective; Alexei managed to recharge her batteries with his mighty staff when he botched his DEO.
Alexei’s spell is also ineffective against Jardis.
She’s pulling away from Alexei, too, making her way to the bridge…with his mighty staff in hand.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Fri May 17, 2013 10:07 pm by qcipher

Jonathan.Link wrote:
Unfortunately, Fiona’s spell is ineffective; Alexei managed to recharge her batteries with his mighty staff when he botched his DEO.
Alexei’s spell is also ineffective against Jardis.
She’s pulling away from Alexei, too, making her way to the bridge…with his mighty staff in hand.

((Couple questions.

Ineffective why? Did it seem like she resisted it or was she unavailable as a target (not Corpus, too big or something) or did he just not land the blow? Just curious, if he knows the failure he’ll adjust his tactics.

Did Donner hear Alexei? I didn’t enchant a mental communication with him, so he’d have to hear and come running. He needs to shrink and then port, or if he’s close enough he’ll just run.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Fri May 17, 2013 10:16 pm by Jonathan.Link

Penetration is probably a good guess. She’s definitely not too big. But he doesn’t have enough other information to guess as to how much he needs to actually penetrate, if that was the problem.
Donner did hear Alexei, but that we’ll say he’s two more rounds away, which is going to be too late.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Fri May 17, 2013 10:40 pm by Peregrine_Bjornaer

((Curse of Circe is a non-targeted spell, in that it automatically hits its target. Whether it affects the target is another matter. Fiona knows that the spell went off. I think she would assume that Jardis (and why do I keep wanting to type “Jarvis”?) was unaffected because she’s still too powerful. I don’t think she knows that Alexei recharged her, so she may overestimate the demon’s power now. And, at this point, she feels impotent. Jupiter’s Resounding Blow and Curse of Circe both had no effect on her, she can’t cast Charge of the Angry Winds without risking blowing Korvin over the cliff. That’s all the spells she has that can be considered “offensive” in nature. She has no weapon skills and is a shit fighter.))

Fiona clenches her fists and tries not to cry in frustration.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Fri May 17, 2013 11:03 pm by qcipher

Alexei crosses himself before hopping back into the fray.

((Since she’s pulling away he has to Wizard’s Leap again:
Wizard’s Leap 32 casting total (subtracted the bonus the staff gave), -10 for fast cast:
1d10
22 → [1,22] = (23) Exploder, but it shouldn’t matter much I’ll roll, he is successful (maybe the extra juice will improve his aim)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4054277/

Exploder: 1d10 → 1 = (1) (wow, fate just likes to slap my around, I beat the crap out of this simple roll and will likely botch the one that will get me my staff back)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4054283/
Exploder 2: 1d10 → 8 = (8)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4054286/

Spell casting total = 54

Finesse roll target is just in front of the demon:
1d10+1 → [3,1] = (4) 4
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4054287/

And Diamond Thrust: Spell Casting total 29
1d10
29 → [10,29] = (39)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4054291/

Yep…

Potential Botch, spell is not Mastered, but -2 botch dice. I’ll roll 2 separate botch dice, if only one is needed we’ll use roll 1:
Botch 1: 1d10 → 2 = (2)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4054296/

Botch 2: 1d10 → 8 = (8)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4054298/

So no botch, (sigh) Diamond Thrust total 29, + Penetration 3 (will spend a Confidence if this will work)

And just to save time, a quick Brawl roll, hoping she’ll run right into him.
Brawl: 1d10+3 → [1,3] = (4) Might luck out!
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4054300/

Exploder: 1d10 → 5 = (5) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4054302/

OK, lucky, 13 total on the Brawl roll. If this doesn’t work I hope she at least stops so I can gift wrap my staff for her. ))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Sat May 18, 2013 8:48 am by jebrick

Jonathan.Link wrote:
Korvin is on the bridge, there’s no earth there for him to get the spell to start, it’s all stone.

Charge of the angry winds then with no words or gestures

Cr 27 + Au5 + Stam 1+ aura 5 +1d10=6 = 45 – 15 = 30 Penetration 15 + 4 = 19

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Sat May 18, 2013 8:54 am by jebrick

Jonathan.Link wrote:
Penetration is probably a good guess. She’s definitely not too big. But he doesn’t have enough other information to guess as to how much he needs to actually penetrate, if that was the problem.

((You have a demon of at least Might 40 to enter the Aegis. I’m not sure what the penetration of our AoH))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Sat May 18, 2013 5:06 pm by Peregrine_Bjornaer

jebrick wrote:
((You have a demon of at least Might 40 to enter the Aegis. I’m not sure what the penetration of our AoH))

((I’m guessing/hoping that whoever cast our Aegis has been keeping track.))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Sun May 19, 2013 8:23 am by Jonathan.Link

Peregrine_Bjornaer wrote:
jebrick wrote:
((You have a demon of at least Might 40 to enter the Aegis. I’m not sure what the penetration of our AoH))

((I’m guessing/hoping that whoever cast our Aegis has been keeping track.))

Well, I’ve been handwaving it, the casting. Presuming that it gets cast, that the magi participate via Wizard’s Communion, and it’s done, and set the penetration equal to the strength of the Aegis, more doesn’t matter, because Aegis only blocks level=might, or in this case level-15=might. So, if this is the 50th level Aegis, it’s effectively 35. So the demon would have to be greater than 35 might. Also, looking at the vis worksheet, it appears only 7 pawns was spent for 1228’s casting. So that says the 35th level version, meaning the Aegis is only 20.

Korvin’s spell doesn’t seem to affect Jareth/Insatella. Miraslove’s sword is held fast at the apex of his swing. Jareth reaches the bridge and immediately disappears.

Meanwhile the demon is trying to get to the same spot, being dogged by Alexei, without his dog, and has his staff. She uses it to knock his hands away, as he tries to touch her, so his spell can’t be delivered. Perhaps if Alexei had tried to recover his staff instead of casting the spell, he might have had a chance of grabbing it.

The demon is one round away from getting to to the edge of the bridge. Alexei is at a very real risk of losing his Talisman to a demon. If he grapples her, he might be able to prevent her from leaving, manuever her back to the Aegis, but those teeth look deadly sharp…

And anyone with an MR if 19 or less for Aurum is going to have to make a roll to stay upright (Dex+Size+Roll >=9).

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Mon May 20, 2013 12:48 am by qcipher

((OK just barely have an MR of 20 for Aurum))

Alexei’s bravado changes to desperation as he sees his prized talisman slipping away. The demon was too strong, wresting it away seemed impossible. Then he almost slapped himself at his stupidity. The demon was likely going to get away, but God willing not without his staff!

((Alexei runs forward and is going to just try and get a hand on the staff, since she’s using it to defend herself he can likely get a hand on it or touch it. From there he’s going to use Wizard’s Leap and teleport away with it, since the range is Personal, as long as he’s touching it, it should go with him.

This hopefully will work. Here’s a Brawl roll:

1d10+2 → [4,2] = (6) 6 total, will spend a confidence if I need to, to get the touch on that staff.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4056915/

Here’s for Wizard’s Leap:
1d10+35 → [4,35] = (39)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4056919/

So for the spell I successfully cast it, basically going behind it a few paces. If I have to Fastcast, then it’s still successful with -10. If this is a Fastcast, here’s the Finesse roll:

Finesse:
1d10+3 → [7,3] = (10) 10 total
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4056925/

So he’ll spend a Confidence on Brawl or Finesse If he needs to.))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Mon May 20, 2013 8:54 am by Jonathan.Link

Even with the confidence, a total of 9 isn’t high enough to get a hand on the staff, or let’s say he did. His finesse timing isn’t enough. I’d call it very hard (so the 13 if confidence is spent fails), to try and be brawling, and time a spell to go off (note, I’m not even going with requiring concentration roll, which I should).
And then there’s the matter of resistance. I think it’s probably reasonable that Alexei wouldn’t try this, because he isn’t sure he can penetrate the demon’s resistance, even with the penetration bonus to the staff (+12, right? 3 penetration * 4 indefinite duration AC).

Keep in mind, this is the beginning of the story, a call to action for the “hero.” We can have two heroes with very different goals in this story… And I can split it into an A and B story into a different thread.

I’ll let Korvin have a go at doing something, and then we can break things up, have a mini council, whatever.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Mon May 20, 2013 9:47 am by jebrick

Korvin will try, with little hope of success, Spasm of the uncontrolled hand on the demon. Loud words, Exaguraged gestures. burning 10 pawns of Re vis ( this will be an epic botch)

Re14 + co 19 + stam 1 + aura 10 + 1d10=7 + 20(vis) + 2 words and gestures = 73/2 = 36 will spend confidence if needed. Penitration 31 + 3.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Mon May 20, 2013 10:02 am by Jonathan.Link

Can you believe you beat the MR by 1, when spending Confidence?

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Mon May 20, 2013 10:04 am by Jonathan.Link

Jardis giggles and drops the staff, just before she crosses the Aegis threshold and says “See you round, boys.” just before she vanishes.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Mon May 20, 2013 10:10 am by jebrick

Jonathan.Link wrote:
Can you believe you beat the MR by 1, when spending Confidence?

WOOT!. i was about to spend just 8 pawns of vis but was trying to guessimate what my total might be on an average roll. pure luck on the roll since I underestimated.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Mon May 20, 2013 10:46 am by jebrick

((It looks like 12 pawns of vis was spend for the AoH in 1228.3. which is 2 more then needed so that needs to be corrected. I think i was basing it on what Apollodorus had written than on what Isen had. It would be the 10mag with effective strength of 35))

Korvin will spend a bit seeing to the wounded. He will call a mandatory council meeting. Grogs will fetch people to the chamber. He will send Alexei to collect them if he must.

Korvin is not sitting when people come in to the chamber. He has his backpack in the room and is in traveling clothes. He is pacing back and forth. I’m going to be very brief as I must travel and I feel I’m already too late. Some of you know we have battled a demon that entered the aegis. It came with a Gifted Mercere and some mercenaries disguised as Redcaps. Both the Mercere named Jareth and the demon named Jardis escaped.

We can talk about our readiness at a later meeting. I’m here to warn you all about the Jareth. He is a master of Imaginem. He could appear to be anyone or anything. Only use Redcaps that you know personally and then make sure they are whom you believe they are. Until we can confirm Jareth’s death, I would use extreme caution in your dealings. Alexei, as Chief Hoplite I would assume that you will have to report the demon attack. You make take my written account with you ( Korvin gestures to a sheet of parchment on the table). Abagail and I are going to do some traveling to investigate what they were after.

Korvin looks around the room for questions.

Fiona. I will need to speak with you privately before I go.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Mon May 20, 2013 10:56 am by Jonathan.Link

((Don’t forget about the mercenary/Redcap!))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Mon May 20, 2013 11:07 am by jebrick

Jonathan.Link wrote:
((Don’t forget about the mercenary/Redcap!))

((3rd sentence!! They get some billing as co-stars but they are all or mostly dead))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Mon May 20, 2013 11:11 am by Jonathan.Link

Uhh, one ran away, you told the grogs of Mons Electi not to harm him, and I’ll handwave that he was secured. Of course, he needs a change of clothes, because he saw his friends either burned to a crisp or their necks torn out. He’s not exactly all there right now… I don’t recall what his overall wound level is, and the forum is flaky enough where looking for it is a chore. He may be unwounded, IIRC.

I know all the ME grogs are at medium.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Mon May 20, 2013 7:44 pm by Peregrine_Bjornaer

Jonathan.Link wrote:
Jardis giggles and drops the staff, just before she crosses the Aegis threshold and says “See you round, boys.” just before she vanishes.

Once the demon is gone, and Korvin starts to tend to the wounded, Fiona started to tremble as she feels her legs go wobbly. She collapses to her knees and starts to cry.

“I’m sorry, Alexei, I shouldn’t have come,” she gasps between sobs.

jebrick wrote:
Fiona. I will need to speak with you privately before I go.

“Of course,” Fiona says calmly, wondering what he wants with her (well, she knows what he wants, but he doesn’t seem to have time for it), and stays seated once the others leave

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Mon May 20, 2013 9:28 pm by qcipher

Alexei practically dives onto the staff and clutches it close but also has a disgusted grimace on his face. For several seconds he just breathes in relief that he hadn’t lost his precious weapon, nor given a demon such an intimate connection to him. Finally he turns to Korvin.

“I…cannot thank you enough my friend. Explanations can come later, right now, know that you have my dearest gratitude.”

From there he goes to Fiona. “Fiona…” he starts with his voice low, but it seems she is too overcome. Looking about him uncomfortably he stands upright and squares his shoulders. “Fiona! Enough of that! If not for you this would have been far worse. You’re a warrior, a magus, you faced the enemy and the enemy ran. Now stand up proud giantess, don’t sully this victory.” hoping he could rouse her from this despair.

At the meeting Alexei holds the end of his staff in fire, making sure to burn away the foul remnants of whatever remained of that demon.

He accepts Korvin’s written letter, he had been thinking of his own letter because of course there would need to be one…not a letter he looked forward to, especially with how poorly he actually performed. “We’ll…talk more about this, when the emergency is not so grave.”

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Mon May 20, 2013 9:31 pm by jebrick

Jonathan.Link wrote:
Uhh, one ran away, you told the grogs of Mons Electi not to harm him, and I’ll handwave that he was secured. Of course, he needs a change of clothes, because he saw his friends either burned to a crisp or their necks torn out. He’s not exactly all there right now… I don’t recall what his overall wound level is, and the forum is flaky enough where looking for it is a chore. He may be unwounded, IIRC.

I know all the ME grogs are at medium.

((I could not remember how many Jandis got.))

Jacques is holding the last surviving mercenary who was disguised as a Redcap. We shall see if he is willing to talk if we treat him with kindness. Otherwise, I’m sure someone can get the information out of him.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Mon May 20, 2013 9:56 pm by jebrick

Peregrine_Bjornaer wrote:
[

jebrick wrote:
Fiona. I will need to speak with you privately before I go.

“Of course,” Fiona says calmly, wondering what he wants with her (well, she knows what he wants, but he doesn’t seem to have time for it), and stays seated once the others leave

When everyone else has filed out, Korvin comes to Fiona and gentle strokes her cheek. I must go in search of answers that I may not like. I have a feeling that they were seeking answers from Celestina before they came here. I fear the worst. He bows his head a small bit and looks at the floor. When he looks up she can see tears in the corner of his eyes. He leans in and kisses her and the moves to whisper in her ear.

(in ancient Greek)
Glittering-Minded deathless Aphrodite,
I beg you, Zeus’s daughter, weaver of snares,
Don’t shatter my heart with fierce
Pain, goddess

Remember that poem. I recited it to you when you were learning Greek from Brenner. If I come back and do not recite it to you, in Greek, turn me into a pig because it will not be me.

Korvin looks her in the eyes and smiles. I’m leaving you with a mess as Precepts. You might want to contact any Verditius you know and get some demon fighting weapons. We have just seen that our aegis is not strong enough for our enemies. Remember. Constant vigilance until we can get Jareth. Be very stingy with the aegis tokens.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Mon May 20, 2013 11:21 pm by Peregrine_Bjornaer

qcipher wrote:
From there he goes to Fiona. “Fiona…” he starts with his voice low, but it seems she is too overcome. Looking about him uncomfortably he stands upright and squares his shoulders. “Fiona! Enough of that! If not for you this would have been far worse. You’re a warrior, a magus, you faced the enemy and the enemy ran. Now stand up proud giantess, don’t sully this victory.” hoping he could rouse her from this despair.

“It was not by anything of my doing, amicus. She barely felt my Jupiter’s Resounding Blow, my feeble Curse of Circe had no effect whatsover on her. I’m just grateful that my presence didn’t cause any harm.”

She gets to her feet and dries her eyes. “I appreciate your trying to cheer me up. But…I think I’ve got a long way to go before I’m of any use in a fight.”

jebrick wrote:
When everyone else has filed out, Korvin comes to Fiona and gentle strokes her cheek. I must go in search of answers that I may not like. I have a feeling that they were seeking answers from Celestina before they came here. I fear the worst. He bows his head a small bit and looks at the floor. When he looks up she can see tears in the corner of his eyes. He leans in and kisses her and the moves to whisper in her ear.

(in ancient Greek)
Glittering-Minded deathless Aphrodite,
I beg you, Zeus’s daughter, weaver of snares,
Don’t shatter my heart with fierce
Pain, goddess

Remember that poem. I recited it to you when you were learning Greek from Brenner. If I come back and do not recite it to you, in Greek, turn me into a pig because it will not be me.

Fiona returns the kiss, smiles, and tenderly brushes the tears from his eyes. “I’ll remember,” she promises.

jebrick wrote:
Korvin looks her in the eyes and smiles. I’m leaving you with a mess as Precepts. You might want to contact any Verditius you know and get some demon fighting weapons. We have just seen that our aegis is not strong enough for our enemies. Remember. Constant vigilance until we can get Jareth. Be very stingy with the aegis tokens.

“I’ll get right on it. And hurry back, sweetie. I’ll keep the sheets warm for when you get back.”

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 21, 2013 10:20 am by jebrick

Korvin will head down to talk to the last Mercenary. See if he will just talk to Korvin about who he is and what happened. He will cover him with his parma to lessen the effect of the Gift.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 21, 2013 2:15 pm by qcipher

((Just a quick Concentration roll, make sure I’m covering all bases though the action has passed:

Concentration + Sta (or Int, same score)
1d10+6 → [1,6] = (7) (Ah fortune plays the hussy for me again..!)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4058452/

Exploder: 1d10 → 5 = (5)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4058453/

So the total should be 16 for the Concentration roll.))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 21, 2013 10:40 pm by Peregrine_Bjornaer

((moved to a new thread.))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Wed May 22, 2013 10:27 pm by jebrick

jebrick wrote:
Korvin will head down to talk to the last Mercenary. See if he will just talk to Korvin about who he is and what happened. He will cover him with his parma to lessen the effect of the Gift.

((Going to bump this to see if he talks to Korvin. If not Jacques has other methods but Korvin will not stick around long.))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Wed May 22, 2013 11:23 pm by Jonathan.Link

Carrot or stick? He doesn’t accept Parma.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 23, 2013 8:14 am by jebrick

Jonathan.Link wrote:
Carrot or stick? He doesn’t accept Parma.

Carrot. If he knows anything about Magi he should be open to talking. I will bring Stultus in to pick his brain if it comes to that.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Thu May 23, 2013 11:10 am by Jonathan.Link

It’s quickly apparent that the man and Korvin do not share a common language. He’s speaking a German dialiect.
((Could bring Helmut or someone else in to translate, so I’m not going to go any deeper than that, or throw up additional roadblocks here.))
Through translation, it’s revealed that these men were hired on in Koblenz, and trained for a bit at Jareth’s chapter. Jareth is the sole magus (Gifted) at the Rorschach Chapter house of the Covenant of the Icy North, although it’s the Mercere House for the Greater Alps, so there are often many redcaps there, and it’s connected by Mercere Portal to Harco, and Hermes Portal to the Motherhouse.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Fri May 24, 2013 8:22 am by jebrick

Not much there but Korvin was not expecting much. He will take time to write letters to all the Gifted Mercere to appraise them of the situation with Jareth and the demon. Then he will gather Abagail and the grogs and get ready to set off. He will take the portal to Harco.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Fri May 24, 2013 10:50 pm by Jonathan.Link

((What is Korvin going to tell Abigail, and when is he going to tell her?))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Sat May 25, 2013 7:03 am by jebrick

I had assumed she was at the council meeting. He has no reason to keep any of this from her. He can repeat it, on the way to the portal so the Shield Grogs are prepared.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 28, 2013 10:11 am by Jonathan.Link

((To be honest, I don’t have a clear idea of what Korvin’s intentions are. I just know that he’s prepared to travel. I don’t know his next destination. Keep in mind, you can blow through Harco and go anywhere, and I don’t want to limit you, or force you down a road before you’re ready to travel on it.))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 28, 2013 10:33 am by jebrick

Jonathan.Link wrote:
((To be honest, I don’t have a clear idea of what Korvin’s intentions are. I just know that he’s prepared to travel. I don’t know his next destination. Keep in mind, you can blow through Harco and go anywhere, and I don’t want to limit you, or force you down a road before you’re ready to travel on it.))

((I’m sorry. I should be more clear but sometimes I’m in a rush. Korvin’s plans are to travel to Harco. Mail the letters he has written and try to talk to either Maria or Insatella to give a report of what has just happened. He expects that Jareth could have set him up so he will be ready to flee if need be. He wants to travel to Phoenix or as close as possible to talk to Ra’am and Azura to find that piece of the puzzle. He hopes to get an idea of where Celestina might have been going. He will try to follow that track as long as he can. A fall back is to travel to Covenant of the Icy North to get more clues there about Celestina but that he wants to avoid that as much as he can.

I will add that he will send a note to Andru and Poena to inform them of what happen.))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 28, 2013 11:11 am by Jonathan.Link

Travel to Harco is swift, and when Korvin indicates that he wants to be taken to Insatella, the grog standing outside the Mons Electi portal at Harco indicates she just recently went to Mons Electi and hasn’t yet returned, and is confused.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 28, 2013 12:51 pm by jebrick

Jonathan.Link wrote:
Travel to Harco is swift, and when Korvin indicates that he wants to be taken to Insatella, the grog standing outside the Mons Electi portal at Harco indicates she just recently went to Mons Electi and hasn’t yet returned, and is confused.

Then I had better speak to Maria if she is here. It is most urgent.

Korvin will look around to see if he see a Redcap he knows well and ask them to handle the letters ( meaning distribute them to the proper portals for delivery).

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 28, 2013 1:11 pm by Jonathan.Link

“I’m sorry, Magister Korvin, but she is currently away.” he looks guarded, as if he doesn’t want to say too much, but he doesn’t appear to be mischievous or duplicitous.

Abigail turns to Korvin, “Which Redcaps can you really trust, Master? Shouldn’t I be the one to deliver these?” Abigail does have a point about trust. ((Without getting Renaud involved, which is a legitimate option, since this is handled as a background detail, the next person Korvin could really trust is Abigail. So, this could be resolved by handing the matter off to Renaud and letting him deliver the letters. I can understand why Korvin wouldn’t let Abigail take this task on her own, she’s completely inexperienced, but her earnestness and headstrong nature would make itself known here if Korvin attempts to find someone ere at Harco to deliver the letters…"))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 28, 2013 1:46 pm by jebrick

Jonathan.Link wrote:
“I’m sorry, Magister Korvin, but she is currently away.” he looks guarded, as if he doesn’t want to say too much, but he doesn’t appear to be mischievous or duplicitous.

Abigail turns to Korvin, “Which Redcaps can you really trust, Master? Shouldn’t I be the one to deliver these?” Abigail does have a point about trust. ((Without getting Renaud involved, which is a legitimate option, since this is handled as a background detail, the next person Korvin could really trust is Abigail. So, this could be resolved by handing the matter off to Renaud and letting him deliver the letters. I can understand why Korvin wouldn’t let Abigail take this task on her own, she’s completely inexperienced, but her earnestness and headstrong nature would make itself known here if Korvin attempts to find someone ere at Harco to deliver the letters…"))

Korvin harrumphs. If you have some parchment and a quill nearby I will just jot a note to Maria that you can leave in her office or room. Then we must be off to Iberia for some deliveries. Phoenix first. Is Demetrio still in charge of that portal?

If they have the stuff for a note, Korvin will detail what has happened and urge caution.

If you had even one season of experience I would let you go Abagail but not this time. I think it is safer for you to stay with me on this trip.

((I think it make sense for Renaud to deliver them to the other Magical Mercere. since I thought of the two Primi late, i will say that Korvin is holding on to those.))

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 28, 2013 2:11 pm by Jonathan.Link

Just the faintest hint of a giggle dances along the wind to Korvin’s ear, as he is about to depart to Phoenix. A giggle that is hauntingly familiar. Followed by a male voice going “ooo, ooo, ooo,” leaving little doubt as to what he is doing. It’s then followed by a blood curdling scream from the man, which quickly falls silent.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 28, 2013 2:16 pm by Jonathan.Link

Reminder: Harco in this saga does not have an Aegis. It does still, however, have a lot of items, and people who can wield them.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 28, 2013 2:21 pm by jebrick

Jonathan.Link wrote:
Reminder: Harco in this saga does not have an Aegis. It does still, however, have a lot of items, and people who can wield them.

I had thought of this but I was unsure how Korvin is received by the rank and file. Would it be possible for Korvin to request some anti-demon weapon(s) and other such stuff before his trip?

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 28, 2013 3:04 pm by Jonathan.Link

Jonathan.Link wrote:
Just the faintest hint of a giggle dances along the wind to Korvin’s ear, as he is about to depart to Phoenix. A giggle that is hauntingly familiar. Followed by a male voice going “ooo, ooo, ooo,” leaving little doubt as to what he is doing. It’s then followed by a blood curdling scream from the man, which quickly falls silent.

Clue x 4. Jardis is here in Harco. Right now, as of this minute…

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 28, 2013 3:18 pm by jebrick

Jonathan.Link wrote:
Jonathan.Link wrote:
Just the faintest hint of a giggle dances along the wind to Korvin’s ear, as he is about to depart to Phoenix. A giggle that is hauntingly familiar. Followed by a male voice going “ooo, ooo, ooo,” leaving little doubt as to what he is doing. It’s then followed by a blood curdling scream from the man, which quickly falls silent.

Clue x 4. Jardis is here in Harco. Right now, as of this minute…

((Oh, THAT familiar giggle.<winces>))

Korvin pauses before entering the portal and turns his head as if to listen to something. He then rushes over to Demetrio. I think you have a crazed Magus and a demon running lose here. I just had to fight them at Mons Electi. I would recommend sounding the alarm, sealing the portals and getting some anti-demon weapons from the stores. The Magus is likely to be invisible so detection items would be handy as well. If Silvana is here, we should fetch him right away.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 28, 2013 3:34 pm by Jonathan.Link

People start running off in direction of the scream, no one is really paying attention to Korvin. “I can go get Father. He knows Demon’s Eternal Oblivion, though it’s not very powerful1. Why don’t you find this Silvana, get weapons from the stores and we’ll meet up in the direction of the scream?!” Abigail doesn’t run off, but waits for Korvin to approve or deny the suggestion.

Re: 1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show
Posted Tue May 28, 2013 4:48 pm by jebrick

Jonathan.Link wrote:
People start running off in direction of the scream, no one is really paying attention to Korvin. “I can go get Father. He knows Demon’s Eternal Oblivion, though it’s not very powerful1. Why don’t you find this Silvana, get weapons from the stores and we’ll meet up in the direction of the scream?!” Abigail doesn’t run off, but waits for Korvin to approve or deny the suggestion.

That is a good idea or perhaps that holy warrior woman as well. When you come back, I’m sure you will be able to find me at the source of the chaos.

Korvin sends Jolanda with her.

Korvin begins running to Silvana’s lab/sactium

1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show

In the Ruins of Bibracte jonathanlink jonathanlink